Canandaigua Woodville 9/12

adesalvo

We were originally going to fish bears tournament on Cayuga but logistically couldn’t make it work so we decided to hit Canandaigua and ran into another trout tournament at the launch. 

we ended up getting 3 in the boat with a bunch of misses. I need to pick up some new treble hooks.   Silver was the color today! 

I got this pretty bow on a cheater probably about 45 down going south on the west side Around 10am.  We ended up keeping it and throwing it in the smoker for dinner.  

06860282-E10C-44E2-91A7-1555573F1F4C.jpeg

F38BBD23-BB43-4B7C-9FFE-9FCE1BAEA308.jpeg

6599EACF-A2E3-488B-8C6B-44ABCC4B6564.jpeg

• Like 4

A cheater is an extra line attached to your Main  line that slides down to the arch of the bow attached to your downriver release. My leader is about 6feet.  I have been trying for most of the season to find a setup that doesn’t get tangled and have finally had some luck today.  

Nice work. I think I saw you guys out there I fished out in the middle and dragged through a bunch of bait pods out there and what looked like bows suspended  about 45-65 ft down but they would not touch anything I threw at them. One brief hit on the 300 copper over 206 ft but that was it. The two riggers with sliders never were touched but I stayed east of you most of the time. I was solo in the Whaler. After awhile it was tough to properly control things because of the wind so I bagged it after a couple hours. This is the way things looked as I quit:smile:

today.jpg

Edited by Sk8man

16 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

Nice work. I think I saw you guys out there I fished out in the middle and dragged through a bunch of bait pods out there and what looked like bows suspended  about 45-65 ft down but they would not touch anything I threw at them. One brief hit on the 300 copper over 206 ft but that was it. The two riggers with sliders never were touched but I stayed east of you most of the time. I was solo in the Whaler. After awhile it was tough to properly control things because of the wind so I bagged it after a couple hours. This is the way things looked as I quit:smile:

today.jpg

We launched at 6:15am and went north on the west side with the wind until about 8:30 and the the lake Lake down until about 10:45 and things got nautical quick!  We had our best luck in 170 fow and rods stacked at 110 and 95 with a cheater probably around 45.  

i will be sure to say hello next time I see you out.