Susquehanna River 3/14

walteye

As Sluggo says-gotta love the river! Although a little high and dirty-I went out with Dan Hodak on Saturday for one of the last river trips before the season closed. We went to his favorite eddy/drop off and within 1 1/2 hours we were culling eyes !!! We ended up jigging up 18 legal eyes and about another 10 shorts. The area became a parking lot by mid afternoon but we were still able to connect by moving around with the electric motor. I hadn't been jigging eyes for a few years and it was great!

Walteye

Walt.. Good to see you again! Glad you had a good time on "my" river. I snuck back down for the final day but couldn't get on my favorite spot. Who said fishing isn't a "full contact" sport? I did pick up a few decent fish and dropped a hog back in. Now it's time to get the chores done around the house.. plus a little fishing in between. See you on Erie! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

We were fishing down by the island with the cable car that crosses the river. we fished the eddy and the sunken island, plus alongside the island in the slack water. Jig,twister tail and tipped with a minnow. Red and oranges. dead stick dragging the jig or actually jigging all produced that day.I have jigged for eyes before, but it was my first time on the river-maybe beginners luck??

Walteye