What brand riggers

If you decide to go with scottys I would recommend the older style with the mechanical counters. Pretty much bullet proof. Also the extendable boom and the swivel base gives you all the flexibility you will ever need

https://johnssportinggoods.com/product/downriggers/scotty-downriggers/electric-downrigger/scotty-downrigger-1116/

https://johnssportinggoods.com/product/downriggers/scotty-downriggers/electric-downrigger/scotty-downrigger-1106/

Good luck with your decision

Edited by spoonfed-1
  • Like 1

I’m happy with my Scottys also. Be aware they take up a little more room because the spool is horizontal not vertical like others. If you go with Scotty get the boom mount rod holder which keeps the size down.

On 9/17/2020 at 6:56 PM, hookedupf7 said:

Hey guys planning on buying 2 new riggers in the future . My boat is a 19 fter. Curious in between the mag 10 stx or Scotty. Not sure which Scotty if I went that route. Opinions???

Personally I am a Cannon fan but I know just as many guys that love their Scottys. Also check out a couple of new players to the game Traxtech and Magnum Metals. 

The Magnum metal for the money are hard to beat. Price is right, compact design and all metal construction would make for a good choice.

I have Traxstech on my boat and wouldn't trade them for any other. They have none of the issues that are mentioned about other manufactures and many additional and useful functions. Every fisherman who has been on my boat and used them seems to agree. The big downside is the price tag.

As others have said they are all good today it just comes down to what features and specifics that are important to you.

Edited by Rookie Fisherman
  • Like 1