Sold / Closed Garmin TR1 autopilot

I'd consider this if I could wrap my head around how I'd hook it up to my 9.9 tohatsu kicker. My kicker has a bar to my main motor. Not sure if that would be a hangup. Is it a stand alone autopilot or do I need a head unit that's compatible. I'm gunna spend some time googling this unit tonight. Ty

Edited by DixieDangle

I'd consider this if I could wrap my head around how I'd hook it up to my 9.9 yohatsu kicker. My kicker has a bar to my main motor. Not sure if that would be a hangup. Is it a stand alone autopilot or do I need a head unit that's compatible. I'm gunna spend some time googling this unit tonight. Ty

Take the bar off the kicker. Tr-1 is stand alone. Unless you use your big motor to troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DixieDangle said:

Hey. I'm trying to find out if I can get the actuator for my kicker. Anyone know where I could find a compatibility chart for part numbers? Also curious if anyone has linked one of these up to a chartplotter?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Tohatsu is not on the list, you don't need to use the Garmin throttle actuator though. You could use any aftermarket throttle controller (Controllking, iTroll, Trollmaster) they won't affect the performance. For the cylinder mount bracket, I believe Tohatsu 9.9 and Mercury 9.9 are very similar if not the same (I believe Tohatsu makes all Mercs 15hp and less). Checkout the bottom of the page in the link below, you can find p/n on the manuals.

https://www.marinedeal.com/product_p/gar101200000.htm 

• 2 weeks later...

Its arrived. Super stoked to set it up. Couple questions for ya. Can compass ball be mounted in cubby or dies it need a line of sight? Unit should work w out throttle actuator hooked up? I was a little concerned with buying an item unseen but it looks to be in great shape and vacuum sealed was the way to go. Thanks for a positive buying experience. Tight lines and cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Lake Ontario United mobile app