thoughts on battery chargers?

SalmonSniper

Just bought an Ulterra for my new tiller.  Now I am looking into an onboard battery charger to ensure I keep the batteries in good shape and get the most out of the motor.

Now the big question is all the money for a Minn Kota charger worth it?  They seem advanced, but they are almost twice the cost. Is it worth it for a 3 bank charger to go with the more expensive Minn Kota?

I have had 4 of them and I haven't had the best luck with them, but I need a very fast charger and have stayed with them just because they have a 15 amp per bank model.  I've had enough with all of issues and intend to go with lithium ion next season and hopefully stop going through batteries and chargers.  My use is extreme and probably you will be very happy with any on board charger with out spending double for the minn Kota charger.

I have owned a two bank and a three bank Minn Kota on two different boats with standard deep cycle batteries with no issues. And I have recommended them to three other boat owners on my dock who have had no issues. I originally had a Pro Mariner but after going through two units, only one covered by warranty. I switched to Minn Kota. I'm not trying to sound like a paid advertisement either. Just sharing my experiences.

I have had 4 of them and I haven't had the best luck with them, but I need a very fast charger and have stayed with them just because they have a 15 amp per bank model.  I've had enough with all of issues and intend to go with lithium ion next season and hopefully stop going through batteries and chargers.  My use is extreme and probably you will be very happy with any on board charger with out spending double for the minn Kota charger.

I’ll probably be going Li on my next boat and definitely want to try the Power Pole Charge charger. Being able to control which batteries are charging on your graphs or cell phone while running/trolling sounds like a game changer for the way I fish.

Usually makes sense to wait a bit with any new electronics but that Charge looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

The power pole charger looks awesome. It is a charger and battery management system.  It would have come in handy more than a few times on my Lund. I need to know what the long term durability is though before I spend that  kind of money on it