Copper

Stumpy

Ok, I just need to see if I'm understanding Copper well enough after reading a ton on it.  It sounds to me like I need a copper set up for every depth range possible.  Is there one standard Copper set up for spring such as 100ft and one for fall 400ft. If I"m running it off a dipsy I have a little more versatility. If the fish are down @ 70fow can I just fish 300 with a 400 set up.  Or am  I over thinking this.  Just trying to stay economical.   Heading up out of Oak on the 9th for one last killing time trip.  Any suggestions?

300 and 400 copper are probably your best bet year round. You dont want to run copper off a dipsy.

400 has landed me bigger fish then my 300. But the 300 takes more fish then the 4. You want a convector 55 or tekota 800. And around 300 yards of 50 lb braid backing. Alot of tackle shops sell already spooled set ups.

Copper fishes best off of big boards, but if u dont have a mast the tx44 boards are ok.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

On 9/28/2020 at 2:18 PM, Stumpy said:

Ok, I just need to see if I'm understanding Copper well enough after reading a ton on it.  It sounds to me like I need a copper set up for every depth range possible.  Is there one standard Copper set up for spring such as 100ft and one for fall 400ft. If I"m running it off a dipsy I have a little more versatility. If the fish are down @ 70fow can I just fish 300 with a 400 set up.  Or am  I over thinking this.  Just trying to stay economical.   Heading up out of Oak on the 9th for one last killing time trip.  Any suggestions?

Tell me what area of the lake you fish and when you spend most of your time there. I can help you answer that question with that info.

1 hour ago, Stumpy said:

Oak on the 9th weather permitting. We mostly always go out of Oak Orchard late August for fall and then weekend trips in the spring.  I appreciate the help. 

Late August I'd recommend 300 at the shortest going up to 500' if you really want to reel that much line in.