Looking to hook up with serious anglers for Cayuga Lake and occasional Ontario trips

Father and son team new to lake fishing (formerly fished salt water for 50 years), looking to hook up with experienced anglers for fishing trips on Cayuga Lake and occasional trips to Ontario. We have a 24 ft. Wellcraft walk around that is in a slip at Finger Lakes Marina in Lansing, NY. We trailer it to Ontario for kings weather permitting. Our boat is fully loaded including top of line downriggers, electronics(fishhawk), outriggers and 10 trolling rods and reels. What we don't have is fresh water experience and familiarity with local fishing knowledge. We have had a little success but mostly frustration. We need help in figuring out what we have to do to increase our success totals. I live in Johnson City, NY 

Where is Braddocks? I live  next to Binghamton. I appreciate your kind offer. My son and I are learning how to use what we have, and would benefit significantly from an experienced person showing us how to use and present everything correctly. We were on top of our  game fishing out of Moriches Inlet on the south shore of Suffolk County. We bailed stripped bass, bluefish, tuna, sharks, etc. We were not prepared for the extreme differences in lake fishing which is really frustrating us. Tony Moran

hey tony im Joe if its tactics and tips your looking for this is the forum there's a lot of good fisherman in this group and a lot are willing to share unfortunately it only goes so far practical application is another story as you know from your experience with saltwater fishing .I had the fortune of fishing Cayuga a few years with a good friend and learned a lot now by no means am I a pro

but we've put some nice fish on the deck. That being said  fast forward to the big pond whole new learning process starting with the browns in the spring and transitioning to the kings late spring into summer it took a lot of trial and error and trips to the tackle store but we've developed a pretty good game plan to keep the skunk out of the boat we would be happy to share our experience with you and your son .we fish out of Oswego and Mexico if your interested contact me in the spring and hopefully we can connect and start with the browns  

I'd take him up on it Tony. Joe knows what he is doing and is familiar with both environments (e.g. Lake O and the Finger Lakes fishing) so he'd be able to tell you what types of things transfer between the two and what doesn't as well as differences in specific tactics.

Edited by Sk8man

Joe,

Thanks for your response. You really nailed it. I would like to extend the same courtesy to you by inviting you to join my son and I on a future trip, either to Cayuga or Ontario. My cell # is 607-239-0809. For Ontario, Mexico Bay and Oswego are the closest fishing areas to my home in Johnson City - about an hour and 45 minute ride. My son and I are discussing our options for next year, and are open to suggestions for where to put our boat in the spring. I really like Cayuga, but there are few convenient locations to keep your boat. Fortunately, we have all winter to make  a decision. We are determined to succeed at this fresh water challenge. Stay in touch. Tony Moran  Semper Fi