Thompson 240 livewell

greenfish

1988 Thompson 240 ht need help with a what is it and can it be rebuilt. I believe its a live well but my buddy says its only good for beer and ice can some one help me should i rebuilt live well or just get external live well On aft end of boat i have 2 small tubs with drainage hoses what is this for sorry for stupid question . i have no clue thanx also are there hoses that need to be attached where holes are in photo

20200927_184321.jpg

20200927_184254.jpg

From your pictures that does not appear to be a live well as it looks like plywood with a thin layer of resin.  Also don’t see any hinges on cover- was sealed and screwed down apparently.  If memory serves me well, was pretty common on the Thompson’s for guys to put a platform on transom over outdrive for a cooler/fish box.  Likely easier than doing pumps/plumbing for a live well.

Thank you for replies todd there are 2 holes in bottom that lead no where . i was thinking someone had run an in and out hose that came from pump or seacock but really do not know and getting info on thompson boats is very hard on internet. wish there was a thompson 240 boat club online

• Like 1

That compartment drains into the bilge, I would personally not make it a fish box. We owned a 240 fisherman and I just used a cooler, or you can make the 2 compartments on the transom Into one long fish box, but that will take some glass work. You can also put a cooler on a platform off the back if you don’t like it inside. That floor hold is just what you said, glasses over plywood, and it is not glasses that well, IMHO. They are a great boat, but you will have to keep up on the maintenance, watch the transom, and the stringers by the motor mounts. Good luck.

Capt Rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1