cannon mag 10 power cables falling apart

william

Call Fish307.com and give them your serial number of the rigger. There are 2 or 3 different cords. Installing the cords is fairly easy. Remove the motor cover and the motor and cords have a quick connect inside (at least mine did). It's not hard if you have the correct cord. The main issue is that cord on some models goes in the side and some go in the bottom. Again the guys at Fish307 are a great help. Good luck.

When I called Johnson Outdoors about a plug end for aMag 10 they transferred me to a Cannon authorized repair center. While talking with them he told me to go to a

electric supply place and get a 14 awg type furnace cord. (the ones with the extra insulation) He said they're the same thing. Beats spending $50 plus shipping.

Splitshot115

I replaced all my power cables with 15a twistlock connectors, then ran the wires for the outlets into PVC boxes with SS covers with 15A twistlok receptacles that are mounted under the gunnels . Works awsome and never have to worry about the cords coming apart or the battery end of the cables laying around since they are mounted in a box. Also, when the riggers are off the boat you never see any cords dangling.