Youth Bow Ideas

JakeyBaby

My son is now 11 and ready to really start shooting and next season he will be able to hit the woods. I'm in search of a youth bow for him. Was wondering what some have used in the past and the pros and cons of different youth bows on the market. He seems to be growing quite a bit year by year, so maybe get him one that has a lot of adjustments or stay away from that style? Any info would be good info, thanks!

My son is now 11 and ready to really start shooting and next season he will be able to hit the woods. I'm in search of a youth bow for him. Was wondering what some have used in the past and the pros and cons of different youth bows on the market. He seems to be growing quite a bit year by year, so maybe get him one that has a lot of adjustments or stay away from that style? Any info would be good info, thanks!

Mission Craze all the way. Crazy amount of adjustability with both poundage and draw length. I bought one for my kid when he was ten and he is still shooting it (18 now). I would imagine he will be shooting it until he buys himself a new bow at some point. Check out the specs on it and you'll see its is exactly what you are looking for. Or stop by and I'll show it you.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2

As another option. We just got the Bear Cruzer lite and we can adjust the draw length and poundage with only allen wrenches. No bow press. Comes fully loaded with arrows and release for $300. My son is 6 but plan to use it until he is a teenager.

Bear also has a cruzer g2 which is a little larger and would be better for your sons age and older.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Another one out there that has vast amount of draw weight/length is the Diamond SB-1. I have no experience with this one but did see it in stores last year.

Same easy adjustment with just an Allen screw

IMG_9168.JPG

‘Bout Time
Mike

Both my kids have the Bear cruzer an cruzer lite. My son has been shooting his since he was 9 an took his first deer with it at 12. My daughter got hers two years ago as well. The bows are flat out accurate, quiet, easy to shoot an adjust for them as they grow. Any adjustments can be made with an Allen wrench an come in all sorts of colors. Absolutely love their set ups an can’t beat the price point too.

Adjustments.JPG.db6c7dfa0f18d2d2f151edd35d7f2189.JPGAdjustments.thumb.JPG.b87a4dd3bba7651addeba98c3b199be7.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app