Can this year get any suckier? RIP Eddie Van Halen

Gill-T

Enjoy his music but if you look at the life style of many of these stars, they don't exactly meet a high standard.  Glad he wasn't my father.

Eddie struggled with alcoholism and drug abuse. He began smoking and drinking at the age of 12, and he stated that he eventually needed alcohol to function.[69] Eddie entered rehabilitation in 2007,[70] and later shared in an interview that he had been sober since 2008.[69]

Suffering from lingering injuries from past, high-risk, acrobatic stage performances and crashes, Eddie underwent hip replacement surgery in November 1999, after his chronic avascular necrosis, with which he was diagnosed in 1995, became unbearable.[71] Eddie began receiving treatment for tongue cancer in 2000. The subsequent surgery removed roughly a third of his tongue. He was declared cancer-free in 2002.[72] He blamed the tongue cancer on his habit of holding guitar picks in his mouth, stating in 2015: "I used metal picks – they're brass and copper – which I always held in my mouth, in the exact place where I got the tongue cancer. ... I mean, I was smoking and doing a lot of drugs and a lot of everything. But at the same time, my lungs are totally clear. This is just my own theory, but the doctors say it's possible."[73]

In 2012, Eddie underwent an emergency surgery for a severe bout of diverticulitis.[74] Recovery time required due to the surgery led to postponement of Van Halen tour dates scheduled in Japan.[75] Eddie was later hospitalized in 2019 after battling throat cancer over the previous five years.[76] He died from the illness on October 6, 2020, at the age of 65.[77][78][79]

10 hours ago, Dances with Fish said:

Enjoy his music but if you look at the life style of many of these stars, they don't exactly meet a high standard.  Glad he wasn't my father.

Eddie struggled with alcoholism and drug abuse. He began smoking and drinking at the age of 12, and he stated that he eventually needed alcohol to function.[69] Eddie entered rehabilitation in 2007,[70] and later shared in an interview that he had been sober since 2008.[69]

Suffering from lingering injuries from past, high-risk, acrobatic stage performances and crashes, Eddie underwent hip replacement surgery in November 1999, after his chronic avascular necrosis, with which he was diagnosed in 1995, became unbearable.[71] Eddie began receiving treatment for tongue cancer in 2000. The subsequent surgery removed roughly a third of his tongue. He was declared cancer-free in 2002.[72] He blamed the tongue cancer on his habit of holding guitar picks in his mouth, stating in 2015: "I used metal picks – they're brass and copper – which I always held in my mouth, in the exact place where I got the tongue cancer. ... I mean, I was smoking and doing a lot of drugs and a lot of everything. But at the same time, my lungs are totally clear. This is just my own theory, but the doctors say it's possible."[73]

In 2012, Eddie underwent an emergency surgery for a severe bout of diverticulitis.[74] Recovery time required due to the surgery led to postponement of Van Halen tour dates scheduled in Japan.[75] Eddie was later hospitalized in 2019 after battling throat cancer over the previous five years.[76] He died from the illness on October 6, 2020, at the age of 65.[77][78][79]

The guy died, give him a break Mr. Perfect.

R.I.P. Eddie..