CVA Accura MR load help.

Hachimo

That leads me to anotherquestion. When your done with ur hunt for the day do u shot off the load? Or open breech plug and push it out, or pull primer and leave it loaded? I hunted with flintlock last year so no choice u gotta fire em off.  Just courious what u guys do.  
Pull primer and wait for next trip.....but be aware of temps...don't bring in and out of hot/cold environment...could sweat and foul the powder

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Thanks 1

Got on the range yesterday.  Only had an hour to shot so started at the 100yrd and got 3shots in a 2” group about 2”below the bullseye.  Moved over to 200yrd range and I was 18”low with a 5” group. I’m shooting sst 300gr bullet with 110grainblackhorn 209.  I’m goin now to grab some sst 250gr bullets and doin some more shootin till its same hole accurate.  Any suggestions of changes i should try and make? I was thinkin maybe keepin 110grBH209 and just shootin the 250grsst.  Then maybe shootin 3shots with 100gr bh209.  Really my main goal is to try n get it shooting a little flatter from 100-200yrd. Thats y i thought of droppin to 250gr sst.  Any thoughts are much appreciated  

I gave up on that powder and went back to pellets. Both my guns shoot lights out. And my load is the triple 7 mag pellets they come In a red box. And hornady low drag 250 sst's.. I have everyone I my hunting group shooting the same load now and everyone's guns shoot great with it. Also so easy to load. Yes you have to clean more. But I will take that over poor proformance, some times poor ignition of black horn. If you keep shooting that make sure find a drill bit that fits in your breach plug and keep the hole really clean if not you will someday have a miss fire

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Thanks 1

Just home from the range.  Only chamge I made is bullet to a traditions Smackdown 250gr and ai quite pleased. Gonna stick with the 110gr of BH209 250gr smackdown for now. Definitely shot better then the 300gr sst. I fired 4rounds at 200 and grouped them 4” a foot low.  I can work with this for opening bear season saturday.  I know I can probly find somethin better but this is good for now. I will b tryin pellets in the future thou. 
pretty funny. I was watchin a couple groups of guys with there centerfire rifles and there groups were 6”+ and they were happy it.  Seen my targetand couldn’t believe it was a muzzleloader.  Definitely a great gun to add to the collection!  Thank all you guys for the help.  Hopefully I’ll b posting pics of a bear Saturday

2790F257-1E2D-4F83-A8EB-E9D1D8BF7F69.jpeg

• Like 1

Just home from the range.  Only chamge I made is bullet to a traditions Smackdown 250gr and ai quite pleased. Gonna stick with the 110gr of BH209 250gr smackdown for now. Definitely shot better then the 300gr sst. I fired 4rounds at 200 and grouped them 4” a foot low.  I can work with this for opening bear season saturday.  I know I can probly find somethin better but this is good for now. I will b tryin pellets in the future thou. 
pretty funny. I was watchin a couple groups of guys with there centerfire rifles and there groups were 6”+ and they were happy it.  Seen my targetand couldn’t believe it was a muzzleloader.  Definitely a great gun to add to the collection!  Thank all you guys for the help.  Hopefully I’ll b posting pics of a bear Saturday
2790F257-1E2D-4F83-A8EB-E9D1D8BF7F69.thumb.jpeg.6eff635eec03e81de104c89a80fb5d42.jpeg

Boom!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app