Otisco Walleye

BassMrs.ster

Today was no gimme!  Toughest fishing I've had perhaps all summer.  Got lines in downwind turned around to go back to the area I had good fish and had a double.  Landed a big bass and a decent eye and that was all the action.  Fished 7 hours after not a touch by any species.  Last night was a good wind direction for casting but really was too rough to fish properly and they certainly weren't chewing!  I've had my share of wind and waves but at least the wind blew the lake clean....and I had it to myself for a day n a half!  Nobody else that stupid, but I had to know....bet tomorrow is decent. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, justtracytrolling said:

Today was no gimme!  Toughest fishing I've had perhaps all summer.  Got lines in downwind turned around to go back to the area I had good fish and had a double.  Landed a big bass and a decent eye and that was all the action.  Fished 7 hours after not a touch by any species.  Last night was a good wind direction for casting but really was too rough to fish properly and they certainly weren't chewing!  I've had my share of wind and waves but at least the wind blew the lake clean....and I had it to myself for a day n a half!  Nobody else that stupid, but I had to know....bet tomorrow is decent. 

I hope so. I'm going to try to get down there in the morning.

Thanks for the report.

G says you’re not stupid. You’re dedicated! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

What's the water level like I heard it was getting low and hard to launch I'm looking to make my annual birthday bucket list attempt (big muskie or tiger) next weekend

Sent from my XT1080 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Getting really low. We pulled our boat from campground this week. Justin is still in and a few others.

Im using my trolling motor to get on and off the dock.  The pond has a few stumps and I don't even put my motor in the water and use my trolling motor all the way across when I'm solo.  The other marina has more water but it has stumps too.  I know what I can and can't do because it was lower yet in 2016 by almost a foot.  Be careful...pm me when you are coming and I'll point you in the right direction for your tiger.  They have been hot trolling deep since the water was still over 80.  I've caught more over 40 this year than any other by far, and most of them on lead core and copper.

Edited by justtracytrolling
adding info
  • Like 1

The deep tiger feed bite was ridiculous today.  I had chowdaire out with me and wanted to show him how to target the bigger walleye specifically, and I had to move offshore dead center of the lake and abandone the bigger walleye to try to stop catching tigers and still got 1 more.  We ended up with 4 over 36 and 1 for sure over 40.  I handlined all four to the door and released them all without a net with no issues same as I've been doing all summer.  I've definitely caught more tigers over 36" trolling deep this season than ever including when I ran a reaction program every day.  Ended up getting into 1 good walleye at 8lbs, and the rest were average fish.   

• Like 2

The deep tiger feed bite was ridiculous today.  I had chowdaire out with me and wanted to show him how to target the bigger walleye specifically, and I had to move offshore dead center of the lake and abandone the bigger walleye to try to stop catching tigers and still got 1 more.  We ended up with 4 over 36 and 1 for sure over 40.  I handlined all four to the door and released them all without a net with no issues same as I've been doing all summer.  I've definitely caught more tigers over 36" trolling deep this season than ever including when I ran a reaction program every day.  Ended up getting into 1 good walleye at 8lbs, and the rest were average fish.   

That’s how I ended up with the 38

It was a good day. Nice mix of fish and a couple of those tigers were thick. Lots of great info on the bite and fishing in general too. The water release on those tigers is definitely the way to go. They beat themselves up so bad even holding them in a net but if you can just pop the hook out next to the boat they take off fresh. It was fun and educational. Thanks again, Justin

• Like 1

We trolled last night in deeper water, moved in closer to shore today, couldn’t buy a bite. Mix it up a little this afternoon and try some casting. Marked a ton of fish and bait. My son will be calling for a mutiny if we don’t catch something soon.

• Like 1

I think you will get a walleye tomorrow on your rigger setup and a tiger with one of those plugs on the 5 color or the 6 color.  Wish you had a map or imaging , but you can guage the troll keeping an eye on me as we are both looking for  tigers and an eyes just make sure you stay a long way back if you get behind me...some of these fish I have to slow way down for extended periods of time as I get doubles and triples and you will drag gear, have a fire drill or run me over.

12 hours ago, Chowdaire said:

It was a good day. Nice mix of fish and a couple of those tigers were thick. Lots of great info on the bite and fishing in general too. The water release on those tigers is definitely the way to go. They beat themselves up so bad even holding them in a net but if you can just pop the hook out next to the boat they take off fresh. It was fun and educational. Thanks again, Justin

I was trying lightly for a tiger to show you something I was sure you hadn't seen, but I definitely didn't want 4 tigers!  lol. Couldn't get in there today to hunt a big girl due to a bass tournament chopper a ton of weeds and wind covered the area with mats.  Did manage an exceptional 24" 8lber

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...