Leashed Blood tracking dog.

Thx, we are a free service if I'm available I'll try to help. Just love working with the dog. Little background on him he's the Texas state dog and a mix of and English blue collie, grey hound and coyote. They use them to run hogs, coyote, and track deer. They also have great herding instincts. Check him out on FB
Deer tracking dog :Zeddy Wild

That’s awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Sent from my SM-N975U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

So cool there is people out there like you! It's a must have In this sport unfortunately, really wish you were closer incase I needed you guys, because it happens to everyone one! Good luck this season tracking!

So cool there is people out there like you! It's a must have In this sport unfortunately, really wish you were closer incase I needed you guys, because it happens to everyone one! Good luck this season tracking!
Thanks! Not afraid to travel a bit of it's my day off...

John helped me find my son's first bow buck a bunch of years ago.  I still think of your dog and can still see her perk up when she winded the buck!
That was a great day! That's the great part of tracking getting to meet great guys n gals that just want to accomplish the seemingly impossible. At the least we give some closure to the question wounded or dead.

• Like 1

That is a long ways for that shot!

Any idea if it was bumped before you started tracking?

I shot a doe last week and I almost reached out to you. High entry, no exit, only a few drops of blood. I left her overnight and luckily I found her within 100 yards the next day.

I assume the lack of blood is irrelevant for a dog?

That is a long ways for that shot!

Any idea if it was bumped before you started tracking?

I shot a doe last week and I almost reached out to you. High entry, no exit, only a few drops of blood. I left her overnight and luckily I found her within 100 yards the next day.

I assume the lack of blood is irrelevant for a dog?

Yes I believe it was bumped by coyotes the dog was bristled up and could smell them. It back tracked on itself too. Also when he found the deer he was air checking and growling.. they were close by.

The lack of blood for the dog is relevant but he tracks on more than just blood. The one huge advantage of the dog is to extend the blood trail. I like to have one person stay on the blood and we move that person up each time we confirm blood but still have them actively looking. Thus we can always go back to last blood if the dog is distracted by a live deer. Also i use the on-x app to aid with this if i only have one person.

Good job on your track BTW

1 hour ago, Nautitroller said:

Yes I believe it was bumped by coyotes the dog was bristled up and could smell them. It back tracked on itself too. Also when he found the deer he was air checking and growling.. they were close by.

The lack of blood for the dog is relevant but he tracks on more than just blood. The one huge advantage of the dog is to extend the blood trail. I like to have one person stay on the blood and we move that person up each time we confirm blood but still have them actively looking. Thus we can always go back to last blood if the dog is distracted by a live deer. Also i use the on-x app to aid with this if i only have one person.

Good job on your track BTW

Good info and thanks!

Edited by reeleyz

If John is not available you can also call Deer Search, another free service.

Deer Search Western New York 716.648.4355

Deer Search Finger Lakes 585.935.5220

I work the western NY area 

good luck out there

Scott

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Zed has really been doing a great job this year 15 tracks to date. For a first year pup I'm really impressed.
This buck went 789 yards with very little to no blood. Found the arrow in 600yds confirming we were on it. It took him 30 minutes to complete. Shot was quartered away thru front of back leg into guts n liver. 20201106_112245.jpeg

• Like 2

Congrats!! I talked to you yesterday and thanks again for all your helpful info. I am currently working on getting some guys together to start more grid searching, was unable to get someone with a dog to come out.

Congrats!! I talked to you yesterday and thanks again for all your helpful info. I am currently working on getting some guys together to start more grid searching, was unable to get someone with a dog to come out.
Sorry. I've had 4 tracks in 4 days and working overnight. I'm gonna try to do as many as possible this year