I haven't been out in the lake since the last post, soon as the wind dies down I'll be out looking for Browns. I have a small 16.5' deep V so I only go out when calm and don't go out more than 150' if the wind is down. How did the meat work that we bought? I haven't tried it yet.

11 hours ago, Doug N said:

Thank you jimsky I didn;t know that, If weather permits I'll be out there.

Not all the browns go up the streams.  There are still a lot of browns that are out in the lake.  

• Like 2

And during the Fall streams especially the smaller ones may have unsutiable waterflow levels to support spawning (and on the Fingers they may be totally dry) so the fish spawn in other areas near the shoreline or even in marinas.

2 hours ago, Sk8man said:

And during the Fall streams especially the smaller ones may have unsutiable waterflow levels to support spawning (and on the Fingers they may be totally dry) so the fish spawn in other areas near the shoreline or even in marinas.

Thank you SK8man, I was wondering what happens when the waterflow isn't happening. Do the Salmon do the same?

Fished Sodus Bay this morning, trolled around with a few different rapalas with no hits, not sure if the browns come into the bay. I used to catch a lot of browns in irondaqouit bay.

Not as sure about the salmon but if no access I would imagine they would do the same. I know about the browns for sure as I have seen it repeatedly both on the Fingers and at Sodus Bay

• 2 weeks later...