Cayuga 3/24

Fished the south end north of Myers. The bite was on early and slacked off by 900 AM. We landed 4 browns about 3 lbs, 1 LL about 3 lbs, several lakers from 4 to 7 lbs and of course many undersized LLs.

The browns & LLs came off boards using black & silver plugs and after the initial burst we dropped down with wire from 70' down for the lakers. All were healthy & fat.

We were surprised by the number of fish caught with lamphreys, some of the eels were much larger than I have ever seen (over 7").

All but one off the browns had eels on them with two having three.

It was a decent day and more eels were killed than fish.

The debris in the lake is incredable, logs, trees everywhere. I suggest going slow because many are submerged with the east shore being the worst. I found one the hard way....luckily no damage!

I suggest hitting the water as early as possible the bite doesn't last long!

We spotted only two other boats so there wasn't much competition.

You were RIGHT ON again Zeke.

Ken

Ive been waiting for this report. Im not planning on hittin the water till 9 or so. Glad you caught some. I had a guy tell me once that the lampreys target the brns because they are the slowest swimmers.

Im looking forward to a good day on the water. I figured the fish are still deep I dont think we have had a warm rain yet.

Stix get out a little earlier if you can, I tried trolling on top with dremarquis yesterday and we didn't start until 9:30, maybe not the idea for trolling the top! Picked a few off at first then it quit big time.

Wanted to fish today but I snapped my e-brake cable putting the boat in, not sure if I want to count on first gear.