2020 Maine moose hunt in zone 8

thejigger

I drew a moose tag in Maine for last week in zone 8. My 16 year old son was my subpermitee. On Tuesday morning we killed a 36 inch wide, 704 pound bull. We had the best time together. This was our 3rd trip together and I wouldn't trade trade these experiences for the world. I have been fortunate enough to take many trips with my dad and want to show my son other opportunities that are available outside New York. The outfitter was first class and would recommend him to anyone.

IMG_3792.jpg

IMG_3805.jpg

• Like 5

I drew a moose tag in Maine for last week in zone 8. My 16 year old son was my subpermitee. On Tuesday morning we killed a 36 inch wide, 704 pound bull. We had the best time together. This was our 3rd trip together and I wouldn't trade trade these experiences for the world. I have been fortunate enough to take many trips with my dad and want to show my son other opportunities that are available outside New York. The outfitter was first class and would recommend him to anyone.
IMG_3792.jpg.f132a4b1f4a3636be445ce6a71ac0d92.jpg
IMG_3805.jpg.52c02978d1e7488da8503c0eb8af1483.jpg

Very cool, an great job with ur boy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thats fantastic,moose hunting is alot of fun and alot of work !!!   I live in maine and i  have gone 29 years in a  row without ever drawing my own permit...sooner or later it will happen.Fortunatly i have been a part of few hunts that my friends have been drawn for  ...Again congrats and   enjoy your new freezer!!

Thanks to all who have replied. I am blessed in so many ways. Non-residents have an opportunity that residents don't in the fact that we can buy chances in blocks of 10. Not saying that means you will get picked, but it helps and is a money maker for the state.