What would you do??

Hachimo

Pretty sickening story here. This fella pissed me off to the point he almost wound up Dead like the bear he shot. 

i had to pour a concrete floor today in a garage, 75yards of concrete, so needless to say There was no hunting.  
  The owner, owns a trailer park on the bottom of a mountain with 300 acres surrounded by 7 thousand acres of gamelands. He has a severe bear problem. There in the dumpsters every night and he has been askin me to please come down and take care of the bear. Honestly its an easy hunt, but if i took one out i could never be proud if it.  
   I show up at 7am this morning and theres a kid my age 35ish walkin around in orange and he told me he just shot a bear and hes trackin it. Wish him luck and i pour the floor.  While I’m waiting to finish the floor I get talkin to him and even join in on the tracking.  Well turns out he shot the bear from his truck at 11pm last night while the bear was standing at the dumpster.  The owner pulled the surveillance and it showed it all clear as day.  Kid walkin in 5 min after the shot and pushed the bear multiple times.  The bear was Good size.  Over 400lbs. The kid wound up payin $200 for a trackin dog and as i left at 5pm he was still lookin for it.  He approached me after i seen the video and i snapped, called him every name in the book and kid cowered back to the woods.  

Needless to say i did not tell him when u find it theres no check stations open.  GC goes and inspects all archery/muzzleloader kill sites.   

can’t wait to c what happened to him when i go back to pour again friday.  
theres a reason nuisance  bears gets trapped and not shot out of a dumpster. Worst part of it. He sat in his truck for two hours waiting for the bear with his young 10-11 year old son.   Way to teach ur kid skum bag.  I didnt report it as im not that kind of guy but this is a fella who deserves Getting smashed with the book. 

Guessing he doesn’t know better. Thinking if he did he wouldn’t be hanging out in orange or hiring a tracker.
You can’t fix stupid.
I’m with you, not much for dropping dimes, even when I might want to.
You’d think the tracker would educate him and run like hell from that job.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

47 minutes ago, tuffishooker said:

I would have reported the crime !

My issue with that is, in my late teens I was that skumbag. Jackin deer at night no regard for the law and did care about much.  I grew up thou. He will get whats comin to him.  Maybe not today,tomarrow, but someday he will suffer concequesions for his actions. 

• Like 2

Tell the campground owner to go to the dollar general and get some cheap yet strong perfume and cologne and soak a rag and put that in the dumpster.  Use the bears' strongest sense against him/her.  If that doesn't work then only a human intervention will.

Regarding the fellow making poor decisions... IDK.  Not much of a trophy if it isn't a fair chase. 

I have a saying.  "I will consider that when I am hungry but thankfully I am not hungry right now."

So after a long night draggin my bear out of the gamelands and gettin it  skined and quartered last night.  I got up and had to pour concrete at the trailer park this morning.  7:30am two vehicles with 4 wardens cane in and started lookin trou the woods.  Some lady reported him.  Karma bit him in the ass. Just a matter of time before they find the bear and build a case

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Being a NYS licensed tracker I would not hesitate to report him and tell him that I was doing it, after we recovered the bear so he couldn't get to keep his poached price!