Best brand / value deep V aluminum boat?

Bought a 4 year old Lund Pro V and ran it for 18 years-guided with it for 5 of those years.  Never a leak or loose rivet.  Sold it this fall to make room for a new Lund.  Yesterday ran into some local guys that were interested in my charters-told them I was getting a new boat.  They were surprised as they thought both my boats were “late model”.  I believe how you take care of things makes a difference.  Start with something good, take care of it and it will treat you right.

I'm gonna go a bit in a different direction.

I think that the early to mid 1980s Sylvans and starcrafts are probably the best boats available now. Specially the older Islanders are all made of a heavier grade of Aluminum and they are the tanks of the aluminum boats. It may take some time to fix them back up to their former glory, but with my 19 foot Islander I feel safe in 4 footers and I often find myself trolling along in the trough of a  4 foot wave. the 22 footers are just as stable

All government and commercial fishing work boats are made of heavy aluminum with welding assembled. They take a lot of abuse and keep on working. My friend had an automobile accident with his Crestliner. They repaired the hull like new at the factory.

I think you need a piece of suitable equipment for your sport; you shouldn't think about the money. It would be better to wait a season than to take something less expensive that would bring you discomfort. I think you should ask people in your location that do the same sport because they are the only ones who know the climate and other particularity of the region. I know people that love yachting, and they took advice from the company who were renting next to them, vistayachts. I think you should do the same and you'll find better information than online.

Edited by Iulam