Yankee on Oneida Lake Oct 24

Yankee Troller

Mother nature was brutal this morning! 3' waves out of the West rolling down Oneida Lake with wind driven rain for the first hour or two. Launched mid lake and realized that was as mistake. We were unable to get to the water we fished last weekend. Gave it an honest try near the launch but all we could muster up were short Walleye, a Smallmouth Bass, and some smallish Perch. At 10am I made the decision to put her on the trailer and tow the boat to the West end even though I haven't fished there all year. Started in 12' and worked around until we finally settled in on a 19-20' flat. That's where we pulled our boat limit of a walleye over the next couple hours. We also took a few more Smallmouth Bass, and a couple nice Perch. Top bait for us today was a size 7 jigging rap in Hot Steal, and an i1baits Bad Boy blade bait in the iTiger color pattern. Gotta give it to my crew today. They were hardcore dealing with that wind/rain, and patient while we figured out what we had to do to get bit.

PXL_20201024_185632061.jpegPXL_20201024_183207483.jpeg

PXL_20201024_183241879.jpegIMG_20201024_202443_438.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Yankee Troller
  • Like 4

Nice work!  Yesterday wasn't pleasant at all!  I had a group the previous Friday that grinded out similar conditions.  I don't get the waves you do there, but I fish worse wind and I'm just beat up from this fall.  I know you are a minn Kota guy as well and I'll tell you I when it's so windy I have to just troll down wind I drop my 15 foot talon every time I hook and then I can keep my speed as slow as necessary and the boat will drive itself.  I've also actually had to troll with it down when its really bad and I'm drifting faster than I wanna troll.  Just an awesome tool!  I can't imagine not having a 15' talon and trying to night cast on shore winds.

• Like 1