Oneida perch

Mikeyman104

Went out yesterday in front of the islands and boy what a beauty of a day. Once you found the right spot, there were tons of perch in there hitting the fatheads, but had to catch about 10 smalls to get 1 good one. Either way tons of fun because once your dropped your bait in the water you had a fish. Heck, was able to get a picture of some dinks hitting my split shots at the surface there were so many. Good day all around. 20201025_131734.jpeg20201025_133320.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A515U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

3 hours ago, Pequod1 said:

I was there last week and the fishing was similar. One thing I noticed is when I switched out the fatheads for bigger plastics and  pimples, I caught bigger fish.  Maybe I was lucky but I’ll be there again today and use the artificials. 

Yeah, I could see that. Some of the fat heads were pretty good size and they seemed to get some better quality fish. 

One thing I found interesting was that one of the larger perch I cleaned had a smaller goby in him. Make sense that they eat them, I just had never seen it before. 

Got out for a bit this morning. Greeted by stronger winds than I was expecting, but picked up a handful of good keepers with a couple perch hitting 12".

Also got a surprise with a beast of a bowfin that weighed 7lbs. Was hoping it was a smallie, but it was a heck of time fighting it with ultra lite tackle.

Just west of the islands again but a bit closer to the channel this time. 20201031_114311.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A515U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 2