Hunting land lease pricing

wallysackett

I am starting to think about a lease for next season. Is there a ballpark price per acre I can expect to pay? I have looked at a lot of the leasing websites and it is a little tough to calculate based on each specific piece of property. Many include a large portion of agriculture with a small portion of woods. Is there any kind of general formula that is used for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I lease two pieces that border each other.  One thru a leasing company with insurance is 18.50 an acre and the other where we purchase the insurance our self is 12.00 an acre.  I don't like the fact that the leasing company raises the rate 3% every year.  At some point it wont be worth leasing or I will have to add another person to offset the difference. 

2 hours ago, Tall Tails said:

I lease two pieces that border each other.  One thru a leasing company with insurance is 18.50 an acre and the other where we purchase the insurance our self is 12.00 an acre.  I don't like the fact that the leasing company raises the rate 3% every year.  At some point it wont be worth leasing or I will have to add another person to offset the difference. 

Yes 10-20 an acre is normal. I agree that 3% yearly is crap especially if tax rates don't go up 3%. And some lease companies put a limit on how many guys can be on lease. We had to drop a lease this year because it just got too expensive because of the hunter cap limit and the raised cost.