where on the st lawrence to fish for muskie during these covid times.

well the border will be closed for some time. we are out of the cape vincent area. where would any one search for muskie? 30 ft of water, 200 ft of water?  most of the spots i know of are closed because of the border issue.. any thoughts? clayton, the cape, alex bay? 

Edited by gobyslayer

From the boat launch in Cape Vincent, go towards the head of Carlton Island . To the right of the first green bouy is a hump, you should bottom bounce some swim whizz or believers over that hump. Picked up quite a few Muskies there. Then troll that edge in front of the Feather Bed Shoals to Carlton Island.  You can cast or troll tight around the head of Carlton . The backside of Carlton Island is also good for Walleye and Muskie by the Ironman.  I had my best luck with 8" Walleye Swim Whizz lures and casting Plain White Mepps Giant Killer Spinners. Hope this help's Best of Luck. Depth Raiders would work well too. The ouside edge of the breakwall in front of town can produce a Muskie as well. Tibetts Pt. will hold a big fish too

• Like 1

I fished the Clayton area last year. Tons of structure there to fish around. My only muskies came banging deep rocks but I also had a couple of rip and gones out in 60fow around bait. Good luck! I'll be out there as much as I can in December.

Honda Dan mentioned some good spots. Also across from the Cape Vincent boat launch along the border troll the drop off from Wolfe island.  I find when the water is getting colder fast( like it is right now) then finding bait is the deal.

thanks for every one 

posting. yes that is the area where we have been looking. last season we got taken out of the game when the oct 31st storm blew thru. we ordered a new hull and are looking foward to giving the 2020 season a try. we had to replace our 18 ft tracker targa with a 2020 19ft tracker .  red canvas on a red boat.. so will be giving the 2020 season our 2nd attempt.. lol 

23 hours ago, shawn393 said:

Honda Dan mentioned some good spots. Also across from the Cape Vincent boat launch along the border troll the drop off from Wolfe island.  I find when the water is getting colder fast( like it is right now) then finding bait is the deal.

Don't forget , you have to stay on the American side for now, they are not being friendly if you cross the line. They did give me my money back for my Ontario Fishing License.

thanks, yes we always give the Canadian side a wide birth.  i try not to push the line. it will be interesting if the border opens , will we have to report in to fish canadian waters , im hoping we dont have to report , fish , with a canadian license of course. 

1 hour ago, Honda Dan said:

Don't forget , you have to stay on the American side for now, they are not being friendly if you cross the line. They did give me my money back for my Ontario Fishing License.

There is still plenty of good structure to fish well off the border along the shipping lane. 

• 1 month later...