Electric downrigger Set

Burger

Not sure how a Lund is wired, but it would be worth you time and effort to put in a battery switch and fuse/breaker panel for your riggers. At the very least a buss bar dedicated to your riggers and other accessories.

The switch will allow you to run both, or just one battery, and a panel for the accessories will be way more serviceable, clean and safer.

Sent from my moto z3 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Not sure how a Lund is wired, but it would be worth you time and effort to put in a battery switch and fuse/breaker panel for your riggers. At the very least a buss bar dedicated to your riggers and other accessories.

The switch will allow you to run both, or just one battery, and a panel for the accessories will be way more serviceable, clean and safer.

see i have no idea what any of that even is lol. i don’t know anything about wiring/electrical components. maybe i should just take it in?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I see. A bit more of a challenge, but what better project than your own fishing machine to study up and pick away at over the winter if you can? Most new stuff comes with a diagram and specs on how it needs to be installed and applied.

This forum is full of previous threads about this very project, and members that have forgotten more than I know about wiring a boat. You won't be alone if you want to forge ahead.

see i have no idea what any of that even is lol. i don’t know anything about wiring/electrical components. maybe i should just take it in?

14 hours ago, Burger said:

I wouldn't take it in.  It's a pretty simple job and Youtube is your friend. Im a firm believer that anyone with a recreational vehicle of any type, especially watercraft or motorcycle...should learn and be able to do the most basic repairs/or service. It could make a life or death difference. JMO

I have only 2 batteries. I run 1 down rigger to  battery closest to it and the other to the other battery. Both came with in line fuses.

Never had a problem in 20 years on current boat. You don't need to pay a dealer. It's just a positive and a negative wire on each rigger.