Trolling this weekend

No reason not to. Creek and river mouths. No clear water.
Not what you drag it’s where and how.
No reason if the weather is right that you wouldn’t do well

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Was thinking of traying to get out this weekend too. Do folks still use riggers this time of year for around creeks and river mouths or is it more boards? Heck, can you cast stick baits around them and pick up fish? I have never fished this time of year down there, but was thinking of giving Owasco a go if water levels allow a launch. 

Launched at T-Falls yesterday trolled north marked very few fish any where from 130 to 40 ft.Turned around trolled south found some fish in 70 ft stopped hit the spot lock and bounced jigs off there heads no takes. Started to troll south below park with same results about 5  marks. On a side note when I was launching a guy with a Ranger bass boat was launching, I asked him what he was fishing for he said bass. He was prefishing for a tourny this weekend.

9 hours ago, cinnamon fish said:

I got out yesterday afternoon, trolled north up the west side from T Falls.  Landed 7 lakers to 8 pounds.  Fished 60 - 200 fow, fish hit anywhere from 40-60 ft. down.  I ran one line up high, but no takers.  All spoons.

IMG_1357.jpg

Ended up going to owasco last Friday 11/6. First year with riggers and never fished this late in the year so wasn't really sure what to expect. Greeted by a chilly morning with more chop than I was expecting, but boy it turned out to be a beautiful day.

Me and a buddy ran a couple of riggers and two inline boards for most the day but was pretty slow going. Got one laker 60 down over 80 and a pretty steelhead on an inline board with 5 colors of leadcore and a Rapala on it. Laker thought some cowbells and gambler rig looked good that day. Buddy kept the laker for dinner but we released the steelhead. Sounds like spoons are more common in the fall, and tried some for a bit, but I threw on what had worked in the summer for me.

Definitely a learning experience but was just happy to get out in great weather. Was weird getting a bit of a sun burn in November [emoji38].

Came home and put the riggers away for the season, so just wanted to say thanks to all on this site for the posts and comments. Would have been completely lost without following this site.1106201127a_Film1.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A515U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 4