Yankee on Oneida 11/7 - Multi-Species tourney

Yankee Troller

I love a good multi-species event. We've done well chasing Salmon/Trout in these type of events, but today it was all about the warm water species. We had to catch a Smallmouth, Largemouth, Walleye, and a Perch. We failed to find a Largemouth [emoji3525], and that pretty much cost us the event. That was partially because we found a really good Walleye bite on Jigging Raps. Even though we had 3+ hours to go looking for a Largemouth my buddy TJ was enjoying catching Walleyes. It was high sun today, and they were chewing black/silver & blue/silver raps really good! We found them on a 22' flat next to a drop off. The screen was loaded, and at times it was every other cast. We ended up taking The Lunker Walleye prize with a 3lb+ fish. We had two more in the livewell that weren't far behind it.

Huge thanks goes out to Burnie and Mike for coming up with this format. A little surprised only 10 boats showed up to fish it, but it was fun none the less.

received_273034414143676~2.jpegPXL_20201107_115050325.jpegPXL_20201107_222852157.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Yankee Troller
  • Like 4

I can't seem to leave the obese Otisco lake eyes or the big girls in the river.  It's beyond an addiction at this point!!! Oneida is a helluva walleye fishery, and where it all started for me.  I caught my first walleye there in a row boat solo age 12...1983!  Those are well above average fish right there!  Nice work!  Figures it was the largemouth...weren't you a tournament bass angler?  lol  Landshark won the only multi species event I ran.  He caught the only tiger and blew his Achilles fighting it.  He caught all 4 species solo and I caught 28 walleye and didn't get a bass, a brown, or a tiger!  I can guide multi species...I just suck at fishing for anything but a walleye for myself! Lol

Ever try running your down imaging under your side imaging on your screen layout?  You have less history for the side imaging but lots more detail with added width.  I'm going to 15" helix gen4 just for that reason alone.  I'll still run 12s for mapping at the console and imaging at the back of the boat. I don't use 2d sonar at all for anything.

Trust me I'd rather be in BOQ this time of year, but with the boarder closed Oneida will do. I do enjoy that you can target them however you want on Oneida. 

If you want a price on a 15" HELIX let me know. The view on  my HELIX's is one I've been trying for Oneida. Other types of fishing I'll set it up differently. For example when I'm trolling BOQ I'll split screen Sonar/DI to help decipher targets. There's still nothing like a nice arch when you're looking for fish.

Edited by Yankee Troller

14 hours ago, shawn393 said:

Awesome job.  I wish I knew about this. It would've been fun todo

They're looking to do a couple next season. If you're on Facebook follow the Oneida Lake Diehards page. Bernie and Mike will post info on there.

• Like 1