Brittany Dog

I had a Brittany that was a great dog. He was by far no dog that would compete, but we never pushed him to be that kind of dog. He did well in the field and I even tried duck hunting him a little, but he didn't care for that at all. Great family dog with a lot of energy. Didnt bark unless he had too, at the time we had a Golden Retriever that he lived extremely well with.

I have a Britney I grew up with labs my whole life probably over 10, Since I only have one Britney it might only apply to her, she could run laps around labs high strung and more full of energy. Very smart dog I’d say to smart meaning they’ll test your boundaries.. really good nose I use her for shed/ pheasant hunting

6FF3F8A6-9125-4778-93BE-48100A6CB13B.jpeg

Great dogs! This is my first Brit and he has trained me more than I have him. They are smart and if you’re a novice like myself it’s a great option. But yes, as stated, loads and loads of energy! They will go from sun up to sun down full speed and never stop till they get back in the truck. He is a great bird finder also, takes very well to positive training but doesn’t handle negative pressure like a lab will. I would definitely recommend a Brittany if you live an active lifestyle and have plenty of time each day to exercise them. Good luck! 

009F4A44-22D7-4CA5-89C9-DEE39AD186A0.jpeg

50EC398E-EE00-4B9C-9053-E18F2AC07157.jpeg

28437FB8-D5D9-4889-8627-C3DA71610F9A.jpeg

E913451D-F791-4514-AE2B-87BE3E81E077.jpeg

052D8F4D-3BDD-4DB8-BE01-B6544C5C1333.jpeg

Thanks for replies ! That's what makes this site ! We had to put down our Labrador retriever after11 years from cancer . It seems this COVID 19 has created a rush on paper towels , bicycles & puppies ! Having to complete extensive questionaires with personal information plus giving substantial deposits to strangers is not the way I do business on top of inflated prices !

As one breeder said after the dust has settled from COVID 19 and  some of these people go back to work they may be left with a dog neglected which poops , barks, runs away and may bite which will end up in the shelter for an uncertain future !

On 11/11/2020 at 7:00 AM, JakeyBaby said:

I had a Brittany that was a great dog. He was by far no dog that would compete, but we never pushed him to be that kind of dog. He did well in the field and I even tried duck hunting him a little, but he didn't care for that at all. Great family dog with a lot of energy. Didnt bark unless he had too, at the time we had a Golden Retriever that he lived extremely well with.

Yeah, had a female back in the late 90's. Excellent upland hunter - water, not so much......