Thank you for your service! Happy Veterans Day!

:yes: Certainly a day for reflection and appreciation; especially with respect to all our injured and fallen brothers and those who sacrificed in the past.

I've included an image I made for the front page of the Canandaigua newspaper back in 2004 when there was a push to close the VA here. It is still appropriate Represents past, present and future veterans:smile:

vetsalute.jpg

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

Appreciate everyone that has and continues serve.
Sad to say the appreciation for our vets and first responders has become disdain with some.
I wear a Thin Blue Line face mask at work. Someone actually said it was racist and threatened our business.
Thanks to all, I will always appreciate.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 10:53 AM, Sk8man said:

:yes: Certainly a day for reflection and appreciation; especially with respect to all our injured and fallen brothers and those who sacrificed in the past.

I've included an image I made for the front page of the Canandaigua newspaper back in 2004 when there was a push to close the VA here. It is still appropriate Represents past, present and future veterans:smile:

vetsalute.jpg

I have volunteered there for several years. Care there has gone downhill so much I had to report the neglect 

The vA retaliated by revoking my volunteer status

They run the place like a POW camp.the few vets who live there a sad  way the end your life.

It's all about jobs vets are a nuisance. 

Do every vet a favor shut it down.

I worked for a company who was doing a great deal of work there. Millions of dollars have been invested the last 3 years with many more millions for the second phase. For some vets its the only place they can go. It is truly sad when you walk through the place and see our vets in such bad shape. Hopefully things will improve there in the near future. SEMPER FI.

• Like 1

Inpatient care has always been a problem with the VA facilities as well as other settings, and there are problems with the monitoring of them as well, but they also offer some essential outreach  and outpatient services that have no counterparts to take up the slack on the outside. All you have to do is take a look at the homeless vets out on the streets in LA without meds or any other care to see that you can't just do away with the bureaucracy altogether;or to look at some of the de-institutional results for psychiatric patients in New York State for that matter.

13 hours ago, REELDRAG2 said:

I worked for a company who was doing a great deal of work there. Millions of dollars have been invested the last 3 years with many more millions for the second phase. For some vets its the only place they can go. It is truly sad when you walk through the place and see our vets in such bad shape. Hopefully things will improve there in the near future. SEMPER FI.

Thanks for your taking time to visit with the vets.There are some loyal staff there .

I've tried to get the va to bring the vets up for fishing without any sucess

One guy brought some vets to Hughes ,the VA fired him.

It won't change till veteran groups make it happen.

They have lost many vets there this year just plain neglect.

Those vets deserve a lot better than that and maybe they need a Heraldo Rivera in there as happened at Willowbrook downstate in the late 70's.and they did in fact end up closing that facility. The public awareness  of specifics (on the news on video) etc. and then outcry was the only thing that got the ball rolling.There is no place for complacency when it comes to patient care.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1