River boat?

jimski2

A new boat that is powered by a jet ski power system is out. It is designed to travel over shallow gravel or sand bars in rivers with a windshield protected driver that can stand or sit. This will open up a lot of fishing opportunity inland.

Uhh they have been mfg for decades .There have been at least 3 FG ones made powered by jet ski motors, including Polaris and  either BW and or Sea Ray.  The NW is loaded with aluminum ones powered by GM blocks. Can't see trolling with them , very inefficient as well. No thanks.

Edited by Bozeman Bob

9 hours ago, jimski2 said:

A new boat that is powered by a jet ski power system is out. It is designed to travel over shallow gravel or sand bars in rivers with a windshield protected driver that can stand or sit. This will open up a lot of fishing opportunity inland.

Jim;

How about some info:  brand, some specs, maybe a picture???

T I A

John

Edited by Iceman

Jim;

How about some info:  brand, some specs, maybe a picture???

T I A

John

I saw it on video flying along with no fear of shallows. Hunting or fishing inland waters will give you the speed and cargo space you might need.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

My brother had a 25 foot jet boat powered by a 460 Ford engine, We fished for halibut out of Homer and Seward in the Gulf of Alaska and moose and salmon fishing on the Susitna and Yehtna Rivers. Yes it burned a lot of gasoline but it was a large boat and we trailered it and also burned a lot of gasoline. Still we did not need a guide service  we were the guides.

Edited by jimski2

13 hours ago, Hobo said:

I have a Wooldrige boat they are made in Seattle Wa. It’s a great river boat you can run them in 6” of water. IMG_0043.JPG

I would be afraid to run a outboard conversion to jet drive in anything less than 2 ft of water. How far down does the drive sit in the water vs a inboard that picks up and discharges water along the hull line ? Based on that I do not see the upside of using one in this part of town. Most people fishing that shallow are casting and maneuvering with a electric trolling motor. To each his own.

Here's a pic of how far the motor hangs down. The intake is on a little bit of an angle and the high side is about flush with bottom of boat. And prob angles down a few inches.

Some river boats have what's called a tunnel hull which is a channelled in the center of boat which allows you to raise the motor higher and lessens the chance of motor hitting a rock just under the boat20201114_085145.jpeg20201114_085118.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We also kept an 18 foot welded aluminum boat powered with a Suzuki jet Drive up the Yehtna River at the moose camp. It was used for moose hunting and salmon fishing in the river there. Very convenient for river travel when you are ninety miles from the nearest road.

• 2 weeks later...

They have been mfg for quite a long time .There have been at any rate 3 FG ones made fueled by jjet ski engines, including Polaris and either BW or potentially Sea Ray. The NW is stacked with aluminum ones controlled by GM blocks. Can't see savaging with them , extremely wasteful also. Tutuapp 9apps Showbox Pass.

Edited by Blonkos

Definitely a specialized boat. Like many boats are you will never find the perfect one. I’m sure like many other members in LOU we have tried to find the perfect boat. Happy Thanksgiving everyone [emoji884]