Hummingbird Fish Finders

I have a $99 Hummingbird and want more than depth and 3 sizes of fish. I fish Ontario for Trout and Salmon inshore less than 150' and also fish Finger Lakes. I do some jigging and would like something to help with that. I have a 16.5 Deep V so want something 7" or 8" because of room. I'm not set on Hummingbird but that's all I have used. My budget is $600.00 or so. Would appreciate Ideas.

My recommendation would be a Humminbird HELIX 7. If you stick with the CHIRP/GPS model they're sub $500. I could have it shipped to your door for $474.99. For another $100 you can have the Lakemaster Chart card added which will give you a great map for Lake Ontario and its surrounding lakes. It will also allow you to do things like Shallow water highlight and depth highlight.

2 hours ago, Yankee Troller said:

My recommendation would be a Humminbird HELIX 7. If you stick with the CHIRP/GPS model they're sub $500. I could have it shipped to your door for $474.99. For another $100 you can have the Lakemaster Chart card added which will give you a great map for Lake Ontario and its surrounding lakes. It will also allow you to do things like Shallow water highlight and depth highlight.

Thanks for the info. I'm not familiar with The shallow and depth highlight?? What does that do?

7 minutes ago, Doug N said:

Thanks for the info. I'm not familiar with The shallow and depth highlight?? What does that do?

Shallow water highlight allows you to shade an area you deem shallow red. Depth highlight allows you shade a depth range you want the boat to stay in Green. Maybe it's a range you think the fish are hanging in. You can see it on the picture I'm attaching.

IMG_20201107_193751_749.jpg

• 4 weeks later...