App or GPS for property boundaries?

hawkeye625

I'm looking for advice on an app or GPS for marking our land boundaries. It doesn't need to be exact...but I would like it to as close as possible without being surveyed. I do have 2 corner pins that are surveyed as reference.

We get along with neighbors just wanna have a better idea on where the actual lines are.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the replies. Does the onx app show your position as your walking along a property line?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yes it does that. And gives bold yellow lines on property boundaries.

You can purchase for the entire country or just a state . Think its 30 dollars for one state but dont quote me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That cost is per year for onX , so you would have to buy it and split the cost with all the people hunting your property.

I'm thinking buy it once and start painting trees or marking them with plastic tape. They have a free trial so I may try that next summer to see how  well it actually works.

• 3 weeks later...

1 caution with OnX that I came across.  If you have wifi on, on your phone and you're close enough to pick up someones house signal it throws off where your location pin shows on the map.  That had me REALLY pissed off when we were blood tracking a deer this season.  dropped a pin at last blood to come back in the AM, and went back to find that the pin was no where NEAR where I had been when I dropped it.  I found if I turn off wifi, it was a lot more accurate.