EELS IN THE FINGER LAKES

With the talk of eels so far lets keep a post going of fish caught ,eel marks ,lake,date,maybe we can get someone from the DEC to notice ...also if we dont do creel survay we not helping ourselves. couple years back i was reading survay reports and i caught more fish i a week than was reported on the survays for the year ........................................................MARCH 07 ,5 LL.caught all had eels attached 1 had 3 on one fish all eels were about 6" which would indacate same year hatch for the eels ,Seneca So. end.........RAY K.

Good idea Ray, I understated the size & number of eels yesterday. It was alarming at the size of several. The sizes were closer to 10". I didn't think it was important until we boated several fish with them attached.

We boated 10 fish and killed at least 12 eels.

The DEC treats the FL tribs. It depends on the water level of the creeks, the level of effectivness of the treatment. High water in the tribs is bad! We have had a few years lately where the treatment was usless because of high water and that is what you are seeing. RR

RR,my friend was at catherine last year when the dec showed up to treat creek it was in aug. and the water was ankle deep they claimed the water was lower (flow) was less than what they mixed the treatment for (to strong), so they left......... today i tossed my lines in for a hour got 1 LL maybe 3 lbs it had 3, 7 to 8"eels i released the fish killed the eels.landed 4 rainbows in catherine all had eel marks nefew landed 8 all eel marks aafriend got 4 all eel marks we released all fish so its still 100% eels on seneca fish this year im about ready to pull the plug on seneca except for the derby