Skaneateles SKAN 11-30-20 and 12-6-20

11-30-20:  Fished from shore in the morning for 3 hours.  No hits except for tiny perch stealing worms.  12-6-20:  A bit cold, but better bite. Four hits and landed a 22" and 23" rainbow.  Both are thinner than I would have expected.  The lake is low, and just like last year I found fish to be out deeper.  

Rainbows 12-6-20.JPG

Edited by walnut109
  • Like 7

WTG. The thinness probably reflects the nature of their diet without the fat rich alewives in there. The worms and marshmellow rigs work better for trout there than any of the other Fingers too:smile:

• Like 1

Today's fish are definitely thinner than the last two years.  The flesh is also not the bright orange I am accustomed to, but they will be great table fare anyways. Unfortunately I did not get out this summer and only tried from shore this past week, so my overall observations are limited. Great rainbows any way you look at it.  

Edited by walnut109
  • Like 1

Today's fish are definitely thinner than the last two years.  The flesh is also not the bright orange I am accustomed to, but they will be great table fare anyways. Unfortunately I did not get out this summer and only tried from shore this past week, so my overall observations are limited. Great rainbows any way you look at it.  

Walnut those are some thinnnnn bows!
Those are the thinnest 22 n 23 inch bows I’ve ever seen come out of there.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 weeks later...