12/7/20 Landlock salmon Frostbiting on Champlain solo......

digitroll

Vt side and NY side 2 hours each of time for me that afternoon.  Launched out of Converse near the Charlotte / Essex Ferry crossing.  3 boats out that afternoon... One launched out of Red Gate Otter Creek /  Point Bay Marina / Converse for myself on the Vermont side.

Thanks!

Edited by digitroll
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, digitroll said:

Vt side and NY side 2 hours each of time for me that afternoon.  Launched out of Converse near the Charlotte / Essex Ferry crossing.  3 boats out that afternoon... One launched out of Red Gate Otter Creek /  Point Bay Marina / Converse for myself on the Vermont side.

Thanks!

I fish Champlain every summer, have family in the Port Henry NY area...Usually out of Westport or Port Henry launches.  Great perch fishing just south of Westport!  

I have also ice fished on the VT side from the launch just over the NY-VT bridge on the VT side, and farther up north in Button Bay.  Lake Champlain is more well known for bass now, but there's still nice lakers and Atlantics there too, plus you never get 3-5 footers like on the big O!

It's been on fire for the Frostbite Fleet with good size Landlocks the last few weeks!  Fishing deep for them 50-110 ft. of cable out and water temp. is 45F.   Warm for this late in the year!  Might be fishing all winter this year!

Edited by digitroll