Ice Fishing the lakeshore Ponds.

BobM

I think we are finally making ice this week. Been cold and real cold at night with not too much snow. I was going to take a drive tomorrow (Tues) and check Cranberry, Braddocks and Long pond. Hopeful to be fishing by the end of the week.....looking for 5 or more inches to be safe.

Edited by BobM

Saw that too. Offshore early in a red shelter. For what, a couple perch?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
The person is out enjoying themselves .do you really have to say something on every topic on every tread.... Get a life

Sent from my Pixel XL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Sad 1

Ok Friends,....... as promised....I took a little ride to the ponds today. Saw 1 person on Braddocks close to the Penninsula near the lake.  Then over to Cranberry to see the Red shelter about 30 ft from shore, no one else. And then to Long pond....No one there. It also looked a bit waterlogged stained in many spots. I would not venture out onto what I saw. And by the way....Does anyone know what is going on at the fishing access parking area at Braddocks bay near the Marina. Looks like a highway construction zone. Lots of cones and barrels blocking off everything at the parking area.

Maybe some very cold nights will firm things up.

I do build rods, but I don't sell rods. Sorry, man, Honestly, custom rods don't save you any money either, once you're done outfitting them. The upside is that you get exactly what you want, though :).

John Powell on here builds professionally. And I know a guy who has a new 44" lake trout rod that could be cut down to size :rofl:.

• Like 1

Off topic but Bondouley,

*The tips on the expensive rods get caught in the car windows doors etc. and break just as easily as the inexpensive ones, I know from experience. Haha

Edited by devoknevo
  • Like 1

Hey Devo, good running into you this week. We hammered them after you left, bunch of slabs, all still hanging out there. One kamikaze eye that tried to jump through the hole like a tarpon, busted my line and laughed at me. 

17 hours ago, Gator said:

Hey Devo, good running into you this week. We hammered them after you left, bunch of slabs, all still hanging out there. One kamikaze eye that tried to jump through the hole like a tarpon, busted my line and laughed at me. 

Nice to meet you and Pequod1 as well Gator, glad to hear you did well and I see some of our friends are doing likewise. Probably run out there this weekend but prob try to go for perch this time. I cleaned 40 nice ones on Monday.

56F894FD-7A42-4DC0-A3E9-2C983214E4F3.jpeg

0B10BAD2-6419-43AE-AEAA-8DBCB7CB6145.jpeg

0A78BB97-B63B-47E6-A2CA-2E1C1E3E0BD5.jpeg

Edited by devoknevo