walleye taxidermist

bettieanne

Hello, I know there had been some discussions on Lou about taxidermists and I am in search of a good walleye one. Got personal best over the weekend and will be mounting her, just not sure by who. I have one by American wildlife that looks good after I clear coated it and 1 done by Adams last year. Paint looks great but the form he made is rather bland.. any recemodations would be great. Thanks! IMG_3158.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 3

Awesome fish!  Im having lyke2fish here on the forum do a couple for myself and customers right now and they will be done soon.  PM him perhaps he will send you some pics.  I've known Kevin for years and he is a walleye guy thru and thru.  This is the first taxidermy work he has done for me, but I've seen his trophy room and thought his work was plenty good.  For me I wanted my fish done by a fellow walleye guy and someone I know and respect.  I can't really put it into words why, but I think having one of our own do my walleye work is important.  

JT- thanks and I will message him! Been 20 yrs on the water in search of this fish! 196- she is 31 ich and 13.2 lb. not the longest fish we have ever landed but defiantly the fullest! My sons 12.5lb was 32.5, only if he would have caught in December and not May she would of been one heavy weight for sure.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input on this topic. I decided to go with Justin’s recommendation. I got in touch with lky2fish and he has me committed to him, with our phone conversation and then the pics he sent me! Definitely a walleye guy and am looking forward to the finished product! Thanks again Lou and happy holidays!

• 2 weeks later...

Where are you located? I highly recommend Streeter's taxidermy out of Ontario. He has done several mounts for me from Deer, Fish, Coyote and a Black Squirrel. He's an award winning taxidermist that is honest, matriculate in detail and stands by his work. His daughter is also an award winning taxidermist with waterfowl collection. His showroom is amazing with everything from Bears, Elk, Moose , Fish, etc. Guaranteed you wont be disappointed on the way your trophy is mounted.

MVIMG_20180706_192233.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Animal art taxidermy in Mexico. Fran moshier. He doesn’t advertise himself quite like the other shops but his work is great. My dad got a walleye mounted by him 25 years ago and it still looks great. I’ve gotten some other fish done by Him and they look very good as well. There’s a lot of good taxidermists around.