Predator 20/21

whaler1

IMG_2002.JPG
Fox have been plentiful this year but yet to kill a coyote. Most years have half a dozen by now. Wonder if it’s the weather?
Pretty sure by the end of March we’ll have our share.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 3

Re " mice and rodents " ! Coyotes regularly take fawns [ have found remains of same taken by coyotes ] ! Our cotton tail bunny population has been decimated also ! In town pups and small dogs go missing on a regular basis , multiple eye ball reports !

Nesting birds eg. pheasants have all been wiped out & our goose population is way down , I have found the nests torn up !

Re " mice and rodents " ! Coyotes regularly take fawns [ have found remains of same taken by coyotes ] ! Our cotton tail bunny population has been decimated also ! In town pups and small dogs go missing on a regular basis , multiple eye ball reports !
Nesting birds eg. pheasants have all been wiped out & our goose population is way down , I have found the nests torn up !

My comment was in reference to the picture of the red foxes.

Yes they are beautiful.

Remind me again, what are they a predator of besides mice and rodents ? Any evidence of them harming whitetails ?

Game Birds, Rabbits , and Chicken coops ! 17hmr works fantastic for them ! Bill likes his 204 !

Looking forward to seeing a pic when you get one Manny. Been slow but they will start sniffing soon.

Tommy and I have called a few in, but I haven’t pulled the trigger yet. It’s been fun learning the game!

Knowing my son probably a little of both haha. Loose first shot rear and high but in all fairness it was 200 plus and windy.
Little hide and seek after but got it done.