Predator 20/21

whaler1

They are also know to have backup dens when the pups are compromised. And if the mother of gets killed while the pumps are nursing another female in the group will take over and actually start milking.

But Kevin right with the hunting trapping poison they cant be stopped , and have no idea why the eastern states weren't more aggressive with they're management program when they started showing up.

Pretty sure and I know I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but ,Coyote , means God's dog in indian.

I’m reading the book Coyote America. Very in-depth look into coyote history across the US.
Quite interesting how they can actually control their population so when levels are low they produce more offspring. Even if you were able to take out 70% of the population a year their populations would be basically unaffected.
Poison, bounties, trapping, hunting, and anything else we have tried hasn’t stop them from expanding their range as they are very adaptable and eat a wide variety of foods.
Studies show that 60% of their diet is mice and other rodents. Author also said that while they do take some fawns and even some adults deer over time they have little affect on deer populations.
An interesting read on how nature and carrying capacity work in population regulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sent from my SM-A600A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Native American sorry

Sent from my SM-A600A using Lake Ontario United mobile app

When number are low young female will come into estrus early rather than just the Alpha female. This helps increases population. Also when population are high they have low pup numbers and when low they have many more pups. They seem to regulate their populations within an areas carrying capacity.
I was also amazed how they have adapted to life in large cities like LA and NY. Certainly a jack of all trades.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

The population regulation mechanism isn't limited to Coyotes either....it is present in many mammals birds and rodents.

• Like 1

Based on the IJC and their ability to maintain reasonable and responsible lake levels, accommodating multiple public and private interests, I would say they should me the model regarding how intellect overcomes nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...