DW Ninja Boards

RD9

Thinking of switching over to the ninja boards from my church TX 22. I fish kings in spring and the charter walleyes out of Dunkirk rest of year. I loved my church boards but think the ninja board one hand release is pretty handy. Some of my clients are hands on and want to take boards of, or do when I’m netting or getting fish off deck. Anybody made this switch over. 

• Like 1

I switched over because I fish with idiots that lose everything that's not tied down[emoji3] but I can say I like them alot

Thinking of switching over to the ninja boards from my church TX 22. I fish kings in spring and the charter walleyes out of Dunkirk rest of year. I loved my church boards but think the ninja board one hand release is pretty handy. Some of my clients are hands on and want to take boards of, or do when I’m netting or getting fish off deck. Anybody made this switch over. 

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I switched from big boards to ninja’s and really like them. East to adjust for pulling different weight and still having flag work well. No xtra parts to buy they work right out of the box. Have ran the in rough water also. All I can say is I took all my big board reels and masts off my boat. I’m a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

11 minutes ago, Zinger11 said:

I switched over because I fish with idiots that lose everything that's not tied downemoji3.png but I can say I like them alot

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I wasn’t going to mention it but fishing with my father and friends in tournament’s it drives me crazy when they can’t get board off in a realistic time frame. 

I wasn’t going to mention it but fishing with my father and friends in tournament’s it drives me crazy when they can’t get board off in a realistic time frame. 

Yep I hear ya there, these are quick off and on and my clients that want to take them on one and off can to. You can’t help but like em.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

i fish alone alot,the boards are great.1 hand removable while fighting the fish,and the flag goes UP when a fish is on,a clever feature..tough to get used to if you fished will other boards ..caught my self more than twice seeing the flag up on the ninja boards and a wtf moment sets in;and so long 4 now;john

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Long time fisherman said:

Do you think the walleye Ninja boards will handle 300 ft of copper? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

dnk..if i put on a 2oz snap weight with a 20ft diver stick bait @2mph the board still rides high in the water,,,,my best advice would be ask for a you tube vid ,hope this helps;and so long 4 now;john

I know the Ninja board is designed not to release until it gets to  the boat. Whats it like fighting a big King with the Ninja still attached to  the line ? I'm thinking of trying them for running 10 color or 300 weighted steel rods. 

I wouldn't run inlines on kings unless they released...good chance they will pull it under and it's a **** when a big tiger does it and they don't hardly run compared to a king!  Remember it's supposed to be fun fighting the fish!  Copper pulls very easy for the depth it gets.  I only pull 150-165 feet tops but my walleye boards have no trouble.  

On 1/1/2021 at 8:20 AM, johnnywalleye said:

just braid no copper

2oz inline weights,the boards perform well

John are these the same boards you were running?   Seems like you must have something different or figured something out...I didn't think you were that happy with them before?

On 12/19/2020 at 1:01 PM, RD9 said:

The tournament upgrade kits make the church's pretty easy and they are bullet proof with the micro line clamp and stainless rear pin.  granted they are expensive but you already have the church's...I'm surprised you guys aren't running big boards nearly 100% of the time.  I run inlines if I feel I'm not dialed in and I'll have to make adjustments, but if I'm on em I'm running my otters.  I use bands and then weeds don't pull the lines off and I pop em off with fish so it doesn't happen at an in opportune time.  I can run twice as wide and go alot faster if I'm trying to circle quickly before someone else can get there.  You guys probably pull a train of boats too I'm guessing!  PIA

29 minutes ago, justtracytrolling said:

John are these the same boards you were running?   Seems like you must have something different or figured something out...I didn't think you were that happy with them before?

i figured them out,practice makes perfect

thought so...you aren't the buy a whole new set kinda guy!  You should really consider adding a core setup or two.  Works quite a bit better than the clip weights on spoons especially...Segment the core and it's not hard to add a half color or color and just as easy to remove even on the water and then you just need a reel or two and share the rods you have with the extra reels.  I have an event or two in Auburn this winter at bass pro I could probably show you there quite easily.

1 hour ago, justtracytrolling said:

thought so...you aren't the buy a whole new set kinda guy!  You should really consider adding a core setup or two.  Works quite a bit better than the clip weights on spoons especially...Segment the core and it's not hard to add a half color or color and just as easy to remove even on the water and then you just need a reel or two and share the rods you have with the extra reels.  I have an event or two in Auburn this winter at bass pro I could probably show you there quite easily.

text me when your in town,and thanxs