2021 Upgrades...??

Who's doing what..?? 

Electronics, tackle, rods and reels, other equipment.....??

I'm probably adding 4 rods with the twili tips with 4 more convector 45s and some heavier rigger weights..lol

Have a Blessed Christmas and a better New Year..

Bought Billy a 300 and 400 copper set up for Christmas. Never run it on our boat and have never been on a boat running it either. Hope the learning curve isn’t too steep lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phil2 said:

I think maguires testing on my truck. Been holding up for 2 months we will see. If not jascar

Meguiars makes some really nice wax, i use their Flagship wax, great stuff

I am looking at a boat lift, portable, Brownells i think it was, to do my bottom

The most important upgrade to my boat will happen in April. Six years ago, my little nephew joined LOU under the handle " Fishing's Finest", hoping to become a better fisherman. I've had him out with me a number of times learning about our fishery, and he loves it.  For the last four years he's been in Europe, North Africa, off the coast of Iran with the amphibious assault ships, Japan, and is presently South of the DMZ in South Korea training the SC marines. He is a Lance Corporal, USMC. He returns to civilian life on April 2, 2021. The change from teenager to grown man has been astounding.  This year we will switch up roles, he will learn how to handle the boat and trailer, pick the programs, and set the lines, and I'll sit back and reel in the fish...... I can't wait to get my fishing partner back!

First King.... then

35618784_FirstKing.thumb.jpg.3ca0aa6ce8da1d75ad32cbd217c66fea.jpg

Now...

image0bb.thumb.jpeg.0f8e0f209c8b005da22693fa368bf736.jpeg

Edited by J.D.
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, J.D. said:

The most important upgrade to my boat will happen in April. Six years ago, my little nephew joined LOU under the handle " Fishing's Finest", hoping to become a better fisherman. I've had him out with me a number of times learning about our fishery, and he loves it.  For the last four years he's been in Europe, North Africa, off the coast of Iran with the amphibious assault ships, Japan, and is presently South of the DMZ in South Korea training the SC marines. He is a Lance Corporal, USMC. He returns to civilian life on April 2, 2021. The change from teenager to grown man has been astounding.  This year we will switch up roles, he will learn how to handle the boat and trailer, pick the programs, and set the lines, and I'll sit back and reel in the fish...... I can't wait to get my fishing partner back!

That's awesome! We all appreciate his service.

As for the YT we're adding '50 coppers. Been a 100' guy since we got into copper fishing, and want to expand on it. Looking at adding just 250' and 350' right now. Also, putting down some PlasDECK on the swim platform and back deck. Lastly, adding a Mooching reel for clients looking to add a little fun to the fight.

Edited by Yankee Troller
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Adding a 12" Garmin 8612 xsv (chart plotter & sonar), & two Shockwave S5 suspension modules & two Corbin2 seats (pilot & co-pilot).

Merry Christmas to all!

John

John,

What made you go 8612 over 1243 or 126?

11 hours ago, J.D. said:

First King.... then

35618784_FirstKing.thumb.jpg.3ca0aa6ce8da1d75ad32cbd217c66fea.jpg

Now...

image0bb.thumb.jpeg.0f8e0f209c8b005da22693fa368bf736.jpeg

Hell yeah...!! tell him Thanks for serving..!! nice discipline on the trigger too.. Hope you guys have a Great 2021 season..

• Like 1

Total rewire, upgrade to 4 stroke main (looking for a used one) and 4 stroke kicker. First year in many that I haven’t bought trolling rods, reels, or spoons in the off season. I have some more copper rigs to set up that were purchased last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United