2021 Upgrades...??

8 hours ago, Bozeman Bob said:

Wouldnt mind trading in the wife for a newer model .

Not me. What wife in there right mind gets more excited then you about maxing out credit cards for new riggers:dance:

568CA612-5C33-470D-9B0E-C64DC7490F04.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 12/22/2020 at 7:26 PM, Hachimo said:

Not me. What wife in there right mind gets more excited then you about maxing out credit cards for new riggers:dance:

568CA612-5C33-470D-9B0E-C64DC7490F04.jpeg

Winning...!!!

what store...?

Edited by SmilinEd1
question

Changing from triple to quad trees. 

Just ordered 8 offshore boards to replace the churches I've been using for years. 

Hit the Dreamweaver sale a couple weeks back and got some new flashers and spoons. 

Adding more track to the boat (19' in total). 

Going to need new skins for the trailer.

Just ordered some more planer board rods (everyone needs 17 planer board rods, right?)

Probably need 2 more Convector reels for browns and walleye.

Considering adding a second 7" screen fish finder / gps to the mix.

That should get me going for the season. Lol.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 7:00 AM, VanderLaan said:

Working on improving my flasher and planer board storage.  Need a better antenna too.  Wanting to pull the trigger on a Fish Hawk.  May need to talk to Hachimo's better half (That's a lucky man right there.)

Lol. Thanks.  She’s as much into salmon fishing as I am. Last August when the boat I been lookin for came up for sale. She asked me. “Your getting it Right?” Every trip to Mexico she comes out with $100 worth of spoons and flasher. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dose she have a sister [emoji38]

Lol. Thanks.  She’s as much into salmon fishing as I am. Last August when the boat I been lookin for came up for sale. She asked me. “Your getting it Right?” Every trip to Mexico she comes out with $100 worth of spoons and flasher. 

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Pulled the trigger on a panoptix livescope....can’t wait to get that out in the ice and then the boat in the spring.  For Christmas my wife hooked me up with a bunch of custom painted stickbaits/jigging raps from viper tackle.  Walleyes better watch out.

48 minutes ago, BigMac said:

Hds 9 for the stern, 2 Scotty 2106’s and a fish hawk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something to consider is to look at the new Elite FS (Fishing System) close to a HDS but a lot cheaper. You can get 2 units for almost the cost of a HDS Live

https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/type/fishfinders-chartplotters/elite-fs-9-ai-3-in-1-us/

• Like 1

I just switched to a 4-stroke kicker this past summer, so I am looking to add a second fuel line from my fuel/water separator on my I/O to my kicker.  Also going to add either an iTroll, Trollmaster or ControllKing to the kicker for more precise speed control.

• Like 2

I turned my forward downriggers to the bow. Then I attached the the side planer board to the wire swivel. With the boat in slow forward we let the boards out. We clip the releases to the cable aqnd when we are done we flip the rewind switch on. Easier to clip releases to the wire also.

9 hours ago, A-Lure-A said:

Thinking about Electric planer board reels. Pros/cons, suggestions? Never had or used them. Big Jon’s look most popular. Also hoping to complete my full ugly stick spread. Just need a few more brown rods, cores and coppers and I will be fully converted. 

Take a look Cisco's electric planer reels. All pro's no cons in my opinion. Not cheap but very nice!

10 hours ago, A-Lure-A said:

Thinking about Electric planer board reels. Pros/cons, suggestions? Never had or used them. Big Jon’s look most popular. Also hoping to complete my full ugly stick spread. Just need a few more brown rods, cores and coppers and I will be fully converted. 

I've had both. Big Johns are nice, and cheaper. The Cisco's are built really nice, but more money. My Big John's lasted about 6/7 years before I had a motor go in one of them. I still have the set, but I have to get the one motor fixed still.