Bass Pro acquires Sportsmen Warehouse

mr 580

Merry Christmas to all!

I saw on another site news that Bass Pro’s holding group has just entered into an agreement to acquire Sportsmen’s Warehouse in 2021.  Seems to me that SW will follow Cabelas to become another BPS with emphasis on their branded clothing and fewer offerings for hardcore outdoors people.  Another reason to support the businesses that carry the equipment we use and need.

I feel that the selection offered by Sportsmans Warehouse in Rochester far exceeds that offered by Field and Stream, who occupied that space until the turnover. SH needed to dump a bunch of F&S brand gear, but now they've replaced it with an expanded selection of some nice stuff. It's a shame to see Bass Pro establishing an effective monopoly. I've rarely ever ordered from them, and have never been much impressed with their business model.

• Like 2

My comment was pretty much directed to their online and mail order situation. I bought from them from the late 60's onward and the selection in the past was great ...now not so much unless you are into bass fishing and warm water species. The trout/salmon selection compared with the past sucks.

• Like 2