Opinions/experiences with the $200 JStoon Night Vision binos

chowder

I'm in a new coyote hunting location after years of Chenango County focused activity. Now basically living on the edge of Lockport NY I'm considering upping my game to enable me to become more rapidly familiar with new sets, so I'm considering these inexpensive night vision binos. seems to be a lot of positive reviews for the $200 price point. I'm skeptical.

18 hours ago, DoubleTrouble1 said:

I mean i wouldn't waste any money on night vision binos...if anything I'd put that 200 towards a night vision or ir scope.....yea you will be able to scan with the binos I guess but what's your plan when you have to get on the gun ?

Sent from my LM-V450 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I have a lot of experience with the 'night eyes' kill lights mounted on both the shottie and the .204 that I carry. The semi .204 has decent glass with a lighted reticle which makes a good como with the light when I hit the pressure switch. I walk in to where I'm gonna set up with the .204 and bipod slung and the shottie at the ready. When i'm in the forward firing position I typically look through the scope with the shottie next to me for dogs coming in upwind behind me if I'm hunting alone

Edited by chowder
added thought

Well...if you have night eyes mounted on your scope already. Do you have a separate scan light from night eyes ? If u were going to try scanning with the night vision then light them up when it's time to shoot I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to try the night vision binos.....you can always return them

I have a lot of experience with the 'night eyes' kill lights mounted on both the shottie and the .204 that I carry. The semi .204 has decent glass with a lighted reticle which makes a good como with the light when I hit the pressure switch. I walk in to where I'm gonna set up with the .204 and bipod slung and the shottie at the ready. When i'm in the forward firing position I typically look through the scope with the shottie next to me for dogs coming in upwind behind me if I'm hunting alone

13 hours ago, DoubleTrouble1 said:

Well...if you have night eyes mounted on your scope already. Do you have a separate scan light from night eyes ? If u were going to try scanning with the night vision then light them up when it's time to shoot I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea to try the night vision binos.....you can always return them

That's my concept. I'll let you know how it turns out. I used to scan with the light on the shottie especially as I was moving to my set location- when I am moving to the set I like to hit the mouse squeaker here and there, (have popped a few loose that way) but I have the sense that scanning too much can educate them- theyr'e pretty damm cagey animals, i don't think you can overestimate the survival skill set of a mature eastern coyote

well, I ended up going with an even cheaper scanning monocular for a lil over $100. They are perfect for scanning without hitting the night eyes and lighting everything up. I think this tecnology has a real benefit to the predattor hunter who is unwilling/unable to commit huge dollars to this pasttime.

Did you try it out yet ?

well, I ended up going with an even cheaper scanning monocular for a lil over $100. They are perfect for scanning without hitting the night eyes and lighting everything up. I think this tecnology has a real benefit to the predattor hunter who is unwilling/unable to commit huge dollars to this pasttime.

4 hours ago, Tboo said:

How is the distance capability of the monocular? Are you only scanning with the night vision now vs lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I am still in real green mode with this device. Since my terrain is completely new to me I am using the unit to avoid potential mistakes navigating in the dark vs. having a red light on all the time. Also using it to attempt to scan while calling however long range scanning is not really within the units capability. Since I am in unfamiliar territory however I do not plan to attempt very long shots at night anyway ( don’t have a good sense what’s well out behind the business end of my .204)