Ready to fish!!

rkp

Welcome to LOU rkp. I think you'll enjoy it here and in retirement especially:smile: Great bunch of helpful folks here.  Good luck with the boat search.....things may be better here in terms of offerings as the early Spring rolls in.

Edited by Sk8man

6 hours ago, Sk8man said:

Welcome to LOU rkp. I think you'll enjoy it here and in retirement especially:smile: Great bunch of helpful folks here.  Good luck wit the boat search.....things may be better here in terms of offerings as the early Spring rolls in.

Thanks

RKP,  also look at the other sites,   ie,  Lake Erie United, and Lake Champlain United, which is where i found my FM196 2 years ago from a recommendation from someone  on this site.

Good luck.

https://www.lakeerieunited.com/walleye/forum/14-classifieds-buy-sell-trade-or-rent/

https://www.lakechamplainunited.com/forums/

Tom

I went from a cramped 1988 Grumman CC 16.5 footer to the 2005 FM196 with a 115 merc 4S, and a 9.9 kicker,  which to me is like fishing in my living room.
I love it.  I tow it with a toyota highlander no problem.  It's  a big water boat set-up for trolling with 4DR's and dipseys..  On Oneida its a little clumsy with the high sides if you want to sit down and jig (nothing beats a casting platform), but when the waves kick-up you will be glad you have it.
Anything newer than mine should have a 150hp or more.
as a reference, I paid 18K (Loaded), May, 2019

IMG_20190629_192232454_HDR.jpg

I don't want to fish with four guys in that boat. I, like RKP am looking for a fishing boat for 1000 Islands and maybe a little on the lake.  Wife wants me out of the family Sea Ray Sundeck as much as I want a real boat to fish out of.  Right now, lot's of junk at a premium price out there.  As people get vaccinated and kids sports programs and other activities start back up, boat prices will come down. 7 yr old grandson has gotten the bug.  Looking forward to Spring.

• 2 weeks later...