Personal Best Crappie

Hachimo

Got out to a local lake this morning for two hrs before the storm came. Fishing was tough,worst day I’ve had on the ice in a long time. But that all changed with 1 fish. Here in Northeast pa a real big crappie is generally 14-15in area. Never caught one or seen one like this in PA. The wife and I ended that day with 15. All bein around 10-11in except this guy. Great day. He measured 17.5”. 14” gerth and 2.68lbs.  

8C36F40F-7210-4A83-85F0-472CCB5342BC.jpeg

50D83571-BE7D-4772-870F-A8090D108C27.jpeg

E3A64C63-F736-4AD2-ABBF-E37A4CF9C415.jpeg

5003E7D3-87AD-4A09-92F6-CC2DCF6E3712.jpeg

53D78592-B86B-4F64-BF90-E75E2DFC5520.jpeg

• Like 6

Yes Bill thats where its goin. Last year this lake had tons of tiny crappie. I would release at least 50 every trip.  This year there all 11-12in and nothin small.  Its such a lite bite I missed dozens thou. I’m gonna hit it hard now and try for another one or two like that and do a mount of a school on driftwood. 

:yes: Beautiful Hachimo.....you could fish for years without seeing another like that! Those big ones are the masters of the light bite too. They didn't get that big by accident:smile:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whaler1 said:

IMG_1946.JPG
Yours if you want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

What are u talkin about??? If your sayin you will give me that mount it would be under 1 condition!!! You bring it when you come fishing spring browns on my boat!

3 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

Well that’s an easy one, yes!

Your out of your mind to give a mount away like that. :lol: And I couldnt accept it from you.  But were gonna plan a spring trip and I’m gonna invite Clark as well. He’s a trip fishing with.  Lol

BS, take it. If you can make it work and send me a pic of it, it’s all good.
No worries if it doesn’t suit your plan, but if it does I’d like you to have it.
Kind of like Boson Cowboy hooking up my boy Billy with a cape for his gun deer. Pay things forward, it’s all good.

Yes sir, good karma has a way of getting around when u pay it forward. Wish i knew u needed a cape. I just gave two mature buck capes away. One from last year and this year i had euros done but I cape them right out. I always save them

Have your guy pull the blue Gill, repaint the crappie’s to mirror yours and you’re good to go.
Will bring it when I come, but I’m hoping to be in the water in March, so if you, the OL and Clark want to rough it before you dandelions on the east side put your boat in the water, you can pick it up.