depth finders

eyedoctor

Probably not so much of a problem nowadays as the components are solid state but the older electronics were a lot more vulnerable to radical changes in temps. It isn't a great idea however to bring some of them  (e.g. LCD screens etc.) from extreme cold into heated areas rapidly as condensation can form internally potentially leading to corrosion problems.

Couple years ago we had some zero and below zero temps.  I had an issue with an older gps and compass that spring when my boat came out of unseated storage.  As a result I have disconnects and remove my dash insert with my flush mounted electronics and store in basement.  Probably more of a peace of mind thing but for what I have in replacement dollars in electronics it is worth the time to take out and store inside to me.

I have always removed everything from the boat (electronics, seats  you name it and store it in the cellar with even temp range. Never a problem in all these years so I continue that practice:smile: My boat is stored in a neighbors barn in the country and you never know for sure what may get in there (e.g. feral cats, raccoons, squirrels etc. I know folks that have had their transducer wires chewed up too when their boat was left at a marina, and folks that have had rodents chew their seats, PFD's and electrical wiring.

Edited by Sk8man

I have always removed everything from the boat (electronics, seats  you name it and store it in the cellar with even temp range. Never a problem in all these years so I continue that practice:smile: My boat is stored in a neighbors barn in the country and you never know for sure what may get in there (e.g. feral cats, raccoons, squirrels etc. I know folks that have had their transducer wires chewed up too when their boat was left at a marina, and folks that have had rodents chew their seats, PFD's and electrical wiring.

Took an old video camera case from a long time ago. Laid my electronics in it cut out foam so they fit right in. About the size of a small suitcase. Nice and safe and when I store my boat away for the winter They’re not tempting someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United