WTB - Airbrush setup

Id recommend iwata eclipse series- 15,000 baits over the last 12 years - What a workhorse!

Tcpglobal also has the master series which is a knockoff of iwata for 1/3 the price and any compressor will work, just get a water trap.

Great hobby, hope you find a world of enjoyment from it! 20201116_124029.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

https://tcpglobal.com/collections/airbrushes-gravity-feed-master-airbrush

Never owned a master airbrush but haven't ever heard a bad thing about them either, entry level ones start around $25. Worth a look imo, Gravity fed is what I've always used.

For basic spoons master works great for beginners and forgiving.. all these are done with a $20 master.. I will say by the time you get paint tape cleaning gear clear coat and racks you could buy a handful of new spoons or have someone paint them for you

4202BFCC-F1EB-49F7-A946-9B862043C385.jpeg

Edited by Roys Boys
  • Like 1

I can comment in about the master airbrush, i still have a couple of them. And they work just fine, clean up nicely and aren't bad to disassemble/reassemble. If you never pick up a good quality brush you won't know better. I would recommend as a beginner to get what you can afford, you can get carried away and be a couple hundred into it before you know it. There is definitely alot of talent in this thread for sure! And yes a moisture trap is 100% a must i run one about 3 feet off the compressor and one inline with each brush.

https://tcpglobal.com/collections/airbrushes-gravity-feed-master-airbrush

Never owned a master airbrush but haven't ever heard a bad thing about them either, entry level ones start around $25. Worth a look imo, Gravity fed is what I've always used.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

I personally use solvent based paints due to dry time but water based has come a long way over the last few years and is what 95% of the hobby guys use with just as big of range of colors, candies etc and don't require ventilation.

Nice to see so many paint squirters on here! Great paint jobs gentlemen, those spoons n cranks look like they could do some damage!

On 1/11/2021 at 7:56 PM, Neo1945 said:

I use a hole punch in blue masking tape or green frog tape .... spray over the tape then remove.

+1 Put the tape on your pant leg before you put it on your bait.  Will stay in place, but won't pull the paint.  I also use a circle template from Hobby Lobby, which allows me to change the size of the kill dot.  Just mask off the ones next to the one you are using with painter's tape.  All that said, eventually you will be able to shoot a dot freehand.  The soft edges really make it pop.

Edited by VanderLaan
  • Like 1