Recommendations for scope for ar for yotes

Duckman1

Have a ar im setting up for yotes. Looking to go with a 50mm obj. Not night vison but early am and late pm hunts. Been looking at Vortex, leupod, and night force. What do you guys have and what should i stay away from.

Thanks John

Night force is out of my price range. I have a variety of vortex scopes from $-$$$ and they make good glass. For the money though, I really think Leupold is the best bang for your buck. On my latest rifle build, I got a vx-3i 4.5-14x50 cds, and by far the best low-light glass that I own. Cant really explain it, but seems to gather much more light than my vortex’s. Moving forward, I cant see buying anything else but Leupold, and that says a lot considering I get 40% off vortex (wife was former active-duty).

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I own Tract, Leupold and NF.  You will have to be lucky to find a used NF at $500.  Not impossible, but not likely.  My Tract has been nice.  Good glass for the money, BUT I wasn't impressed with its high magnification clarity.  I find myself backing off a bit  for a better picture (sounds goofy, I know).  If you are going to set it and forget it, go with Leupold.  For $500, you can find some good used loopy deals.  Years ago, I had a Vortex PST, 4-16x50.  I would use my VX-3i to spot the holes in the paper when I couldn't see them with the Vortex.......sold the PST shortly thereafter as there were better options in that price range.  Take a look at Zeiss.  Should be able to get their Conquest line used at your price,