GPS App for ice fishing?

Sneaky Duck

I haven't messed around with any of the fishing apps, but I've used hunting apps like OnX and hunt stand a good deal.  Are there any good phone apps for fishing?  Ideally a GPS mapping app that shows depths.  I want to explore a bit but have NO idea where to start with most these bodies of water.

(sorry for yet another question thread... I'd be out fishing if there was any ice.  But alas.... Stuck on the computer thinking about it.  hahaha)

50 minutes ago, Kevin J Legg said:

Navionics is good

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I’ve heard that one is good.  Are there different versions of it?  I heard it costs $ but the App Store didn’t have a price.  I’m fine with paying for the app.  Just didn’t want to download the wrong one.

8 hours ago, Sk8man said:

Thanks man!  appreciate it. Out of curiosity, have you ever tried any of the apps that pull data from the USGS and give you stream flow gauges?  I always have the hardest time navigating around the USGS site and finding the right gauge from my phone when i want to go fishing.

So, just downloaded Navionics.  Kind of pissed i haven't done it till now.  pretty cool!  question/concern.  I see things like "hump" on irondequoit bay that shows as a "fishing/diving hotspot." is that data someone put in?  When I put in my fishing spots they can't be public?  Can they?  Are the hotspots in there just public ones?

Also, I haven't dug in too much because I'm on the trial version.  Can I pull the maps on my laptop, put in pins and all and then access them from your phone like you can using OnX for hunting?

So, just downloaded Navionics.  Kind of pissed i haven't done it till now.  pretty cool!  question/concern.  I see things like "hump" on irondequoit bay that shows as a "fishing/diving hotspot." is that data someone put in?  When I put in my fishing spots they can't be public?  Can they?  Are the hotspots in there just public ones?

Also, I haven't dug in too much because I'm on the trial version.  Can I pull the maps on my laptop, put in pins and all and then access them from your phone like you can using OnX for hunting?

There should be an option for community edits under Map Options. I think that will turn off the sharing of your marks. Not 100% sure on that.

I think you can also use a PC if you set up an account. I have had the APP for several years but have not tried to look at them on a PC. That might cost extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United