Hunting Bag / Waist Pack

bout time

looking to see what everyone uses to haul their gear with? i have been using backpacks but i am looking into maybe a waist pack. I carry a knife, drag rope, field dressing supplies (latex gloves, baby wipes as i am allergic to deer hair), couple pens, estrus can, bottle of water etc. I have found that my backpack has alot of unused space and I do ALOT of walking 3+ miles in and out and my back is usually sore by the end of the day from the weight of the bag on my shoulders

I would look into a waist pack that has an optional shoulder harness built in... I picked mine up at the Harrisburg show almost 15 years ago and the straps have finally gotten so worn that I have to replace them.... There is no tag on it to give you a brand name but I would look for something like that. The other option is to use a waistbelt on the existing backpack... Human bodies are not designed to have a ton of weight on the shoulders but once distributed to the hips, you will never notice it if that is all you are carrying....

• Like 1

I made the switch to the Fanny pack but found my self jamming it full making it hard to get anything out. I thought it would be easier during bow as I carry a climber, decoy, backpack , and bow but I eventually switched back to the back pack. I also like to carry water as well as a coffee thermos and food for my all day sits. Usually carry a small hand pruning saw and bow hanger which never fit in my Fanny pack. I will say it was very nice using the Fanny pack when I did but I just felt like I always was missing something I use while out in the woods. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I just use one of my kids old small backpack. It holds a lot and is pretty comfortable. (Saw, scent, binoculars, knife, buttout, paper towels, zip lock bags, compass, cleaning gloves, gloves, hat, face mask, ammo, grunt tube, bleat can, and rattle horns, food, drink, and safety harness if needed) I can even throw in extra jacket. That said I seldom need to walk long distances.